The arrival

Warning: This chapter has mention of blood, miscarriage/ problems in pregnancies. If this effects you in anyway, please don't read. If you have been through any of these problems, I have included a few websites and hotlines you can go to, to get help and support.

Bliss: http://www.bliss.org.uk

Miscarriage association: 01924 200799
Miscarriageassociation.org.uk

Pregnancy, birth and baby: 01800 882 436

SANDS: 1300 072 637
Www.sands.org.au

Tommy's: 0800 014 7800
Tommy's.org

Cruse Bereavement Care: 0808 808 1677
crude.org.uk
—————————————————————————————————————————————-

Sitting in the chair next to charlie has been torture for Sickboy. Charlie was writhing around in pain, and all he was able to do was hold her hand and try and give her reassuring words. As soon as they walked into the hospital a doctor came to their side and got Charlie to sit in a wheelchair, as they wheeled her to the nearest available bed with Sickboy follow suit. The doctor dropped Charlie in the bed and walked off to do something; funnily enough neither of the two where too focused on what the doctor was doing. Charlie was in too much pain and Sickboy was just too worried about Charlie. For the time being there was nothing that the pair could do, but wait for the doctor. It hurt Sickboy; seeing the women he loved in so much pain. He was sort of expecting it when it came to the birth, but something felt wrong; it shouldn't of been this earlier and he swore that there shouldn't be this much blood.

'Simon...' Charlie was barley able to whisper. She had tears silently rolling down her cheek and she looked deathly pale.

'Hey, how are you feeling?' He asked her, trying to sound cheerful and full of hope, but instead it came out flat, deflated.

'Simon, you have to promise me... if anything happens-' Charlie began to say before she was cut off by Sickboy.

'No, nothing's gonna happen' He assertively said, whilst shaking his head vigorously. Charlie tried to smile at him, but all that came out was more tears.

'Listen to me, if something happens, save the little one, please' Charlie barely was able to croak out. Looking into Sickboys eyes, she could see the tears that were threatening to spill. He was trying to be strong, for the both of them, but right now that was difficult to do. They didn't know what was going to come out of tonight, but they knew that they were in it together however cheesy it might seem.

'Don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to either of you' Sickboy whispered in her ear, one hand on the bump and the other holding her hand, stroking his thumb up and down in a reassuring manner. Charlie leaning back to get comfortable and closed her eyes. All they had to do now was wait. Wait for the doctors to come back and do something. Sickboy was worried enough as it was, but the more time that past and the paler Charlie got, got him scared. Charlie was in and out of consciousness, but Sickboy just thought it was cause she was tired and in pain. He didn't realise what was really going on.

About half an hour later, the doctor walked in with a clip board and paperwork. Sickboy sat up in his seat, shaking charlie's hand to signify that she needed to wake up to listen to what the doctor was about to say. However, Charlie didn't wake up; she was still laying there with her eyes closed.

'How long has she been asleep?'   The doctor asked Sickboy.

'Umm, she's been fluttering her eyes shut every couple of minutes for the last 20 minutes' Sickboy said quickly to the doctor. Was something wrong? Did he do something wrong? Was he meant to keep her awake? He's thoughts got interrupted when he got pushed out of the way by a nurse that had just walked in. The doctor was checking Charlie over, but something didn't feel right to Sickboy. If it wasn't serious, he wouldn't of been push out of the way. If it wasn't serious, the doctor wouldn't look so serious as he checked her over. The doctor said something to the nurse, that Sickboy couldn't hear; the nurse then walked out. He thought the worst was over. But he was wrong.

'Mr Williamson, we are going to have to take Charlotte here to surgery...' the doctor started, Sickboy tried to interrupt him, but got silenced when the doctor carried on.

'It should be nothing to worry about, but we want to get your baby out so we can focus on getting Charlotte back to a healthy state again.' The doctor finished explaining.

'But the baby's not due for another month though' Sickboy tried to protest.

'Yes, but the quicker we get the baby out, the more chance the both have of surviving - if we leave the baby in there, we might loss it. We have a medical team ready to look after the little one. Loads of baby's come out a month early, and are perfectly fine.' The doctor attempted to reassure Sickboy, but he wasn't taking it. He looked back at Charlie and her pale frame and just wanted everything to go back to normal. He slowly nodded his head and moved out of the way so the nurse that just came back in could get Charlie ready for surgery. Not to long after, Charlie was wheeled into surgery and Sickboy was left to stare after her in the hall way. A nurse came to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

'If you wait here, we'll tell you as soon as everything's finished and let you see them straight away' she said as she gestured to the blue plastic seats up against the wall. He nodded, trying to keep the tears from coming out. He was sitting there for 5 minutes before a sweaty looking Alison came round the corner. The hospital had rang up Alison for Sickboy once they arrived at the hospital and had informed her on what happened; he would've done it himself, but he couldn't muster up the strength to leave a Charlie.

'What's happened? Where is she?' Alison shot at him when she saw him.

'There's was so much blood, and she was in pain an-' Sickboy couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears that he tried so hard to keep in came out all at once. Alison came up to give him a reassuring hug and then when he lost it. He broke. He had just seen the love of his life get wheeled away with there baby still in her. He tried to gather himself back up again, but he couldn't manage it. Alison lead the two of them back onto the chairs and tried to calm him down.

'Hey, it'll be okay. Just tell me where she is' Alison asked him, trying to pry the information out of him. He looked up to her, trying to whip the evidence away that he had even been crying.

'They took her away for surgery, they wanna get the baby out so they can focus on getting Charlie better again.' Sickboy told her with a wavering lip. She nodded.

'When will she be out?' She asked after a moment.

'I don't know, they took her 5 minutes before you came, I don't know how long it takes.' He replied, trying to calm himself down, so he didn't break down in tears again.

An hour it took. One whole hour, before anyone came out to tell him how it went. It felt like a lifetime to the two of them who were waiting as patiently as they could. Sickboy just sat there, staring at one point on the wall opposite. Alison had been up and down, getting drinks for the two, going to the toilet and trying to preoccupy herself whilst they were waiting. When someone did finally come out, Alison and Sickboy got up to meet them half way. The doctor came out looking distressed. He looked down at his hands whilst he took off his gloves.

'Well, how did it go?' Sickboy asked him as soon as possible. The doctor looked up to him, looking sorry.

'You have a healthy baby girl' The doctor started. Alison gave a little relieved chuckle, but nothing came out of Sickboy. Sickboy kept staring at the doctor.

'What about Charlie?' He asked straight after. The doctor looked back at him, slowly shaking his head.

'Something happened...'