unwanted guest

The seconds went by like hours as Charlie sat there waiting for her sister. She had called her just after everything went down and called her to come over. She didn't explain much as to what happened and had just agreed to tell her everything when she came round. She hadn't moved from the kitchen floor, she felt like she couldn't move. Her tears started to slow down, but the evidence was still there in a form of tear stained cheeks, and red puffy eyes. She didn't know what to do next. She was stuck; there were a thousand thoughts going through her head right now and she kept on coming back to the same question, what was she meant to do with a baby? That's saying if she kept it. What if she wanted to get rid of it? Could she get rid of it? Looking down to her small swollen stomach, she didn't know if she could get rid of it, at least she couldn't whilst it was still growing. What she needed now was Sickboy to talk some sense into her; she tried to think of what Sickboy would say to her at this moment in time. Maybe that she was being silly crying on the kitchen floor, or that she shouldn't be worrying about all these things and that she should just relax... but she wouldn't find out what he would say. He had gone. He had left her to cry on the kitchen floor and there she was trying to figure out what he would say. She laughed slightly, realizing that even in those moments where she hated him the most, she couldn't stop thinking about him. Charlie sighed, shaking her head trying to get rid of these thoughts and hulled herself up off of the floor. Grabbing herself a glass of tap water, she took a sip and slumped over the sofa, waiting for her sister to turn up. She felt the sofa by the side of her move and as she looked over, she saw her dog come and lay his head on her lap, almost as if he knew something was wrong. Charlie gave a gentle scratch behind the dogs ear, only to be interrupted by a rapid knock on the door. Charlie got up and opened the door, getting attacked straight away by a worried Alison.

'Whats wrong? what happened?' Alison asked, tightly hugging her sister. Alison pulled back looking Charlie in the eye.

'Sickboy walked out...' Charlie started, looking up to see Alison's eye knit together in confusion.

'I told him I'm pregnant' Charlie admitted looking down at her feet. Alison's eyes felt like they were going to exploded from how wide they had gone and her jaw almost touched the floor and she looked at her sister in disbelief.

'What?' Alison ended up saying without thinking. Charlie sighed and pulled her in closing the door behind her and dragging Alison over to the sofa.

'I took a test today and Sickboy was there when it happened. I told him the result and he just walked out.' Charlie explained, not wanting to tell the whole truth about her possible knowing for a couple months, knowing her sister would of had a go at her for not telling her sooner.

'What a asshole' Alison stated the obvious.

'Did he say anything?' Alison followed up.

'Nope. Just walked straight out.' She told her, taking another sip of her water.

'Do you know what your going to do then?' Alison felt worried for her sister. Yes she was older, but still a baby was a big commitment.

'I have no clue, I was hoping Sickboy would've helped to know what to do, but... well yeah' Charlie looked up to her sister after telling her this, only to see worry all over her face.

'Well what do you want to do? If you want to get rid of it, I know a couple people who will do it cheap an-'

'No. No I can't get rid of it just like that. I don't know if I want to keep the baby, but I'm not going to kill it like that.' Charlie interrupted her sister.

'Well we could look at adoption places and whatever. We can see if anyone wants a baby if you don't want to keep it! Give it to people who want a baby, but can't have one!' Alison smiled, happy with the idea that she had just come up with.

'Actually, that does sound like a good idea.' Charlie admitted

'But I'll have to decide later on, cause I still don't know if I want to keep it' She told Alison.

'Well there's no trouble there.' Alison said, trying to cheer Charlie up. Maybe if they planned everything now, Charlie might feel better.

'But what about work? I have to keep payments up for this place' Charlie said with her head in her hands. Alison was quiet for a moment thinking up something.

'I'll take over your job for the time being. We can tell the manager that your ill until further notice and...' Alison was silent for another moment before she piped up and finished what she was saying

'And I can move in here! It'll pay for the flat and keep us in check till the babies here and gets me out of the place I'm living at now!' Alison finished.

Wait where are you living now?' Charlie asked in confusion.

'With Swanny on a mattress on the floor' Alison chuckled.

'I really couldn't ask you to do all that for me' Charlie tried to insist.

'Well you're not asking, I'm telling... and hey, we could have fun together and I can look after to nearer o the time the baby is born.' Alison kept up.

'Why would you do all that for me?' Charlie asked sincerely.

'Your my sister, and I would do anything to help you out.' Alison grabbed Charlies hand and stroked it comfortingly.

'Thank you' Charlie whispered to her sister, pulling her into a hug.

'Just don't leave random guys sleeping on the sofa, I don't want to wake up to a naked man in the flat' Charlie joked with her sister, trying to bring the mood up.

'Can't make any promised' Alison laughed, getting up to get them both a cup of tea. Charlie smiled looking towards her sister and mentally thanking her for everything she had done for her. She finally felt like she actually knew what was going to happen now and how she would handle it all. Her good mood got interrupted though; there was a knock on the door.

'I'll get it!' Charlie shouted through to her sister hearing her hum in response. Charlie smiled, walking over to the door and swinging it open with ease. When she saw who was on the other side however, she wished she had left it closed. Sickboy was standing there, looking like a dog with his tail between his legs.

'Hey' Sickboy said looking sorry for himself.

'What do you want?' Charlie whipped round to see Alison behind her, looking at Sickboy with anger.

'Well this is going to be fun' Charlie thought as Sickboy waltzed in past her.

'I can explain'