Temptation

The rest of the week carried on like normal; Thursday went on as normal at work for Charlie, and she met up with Sickboy afterwards at her flat. He proceeded to spend the night again, so Friday they woke up in each others arms. The spent the day together and before they both knew it, Saturday crept up on them like a gun chasing its victim. However much charlie tried, she kept on getting these nervous feelings about the weekends up and coming events. She tried all sort of tactics to try and make herself feel calmer, but none of those seemed to work; hell she even tried meditation, but that got her nowhere. However much she did tried to get ride of those feelings, she kept on hitting the brick wall that was worry. She was worried to meet all of his other friends, worried about what they'd say, worried about what they'd think and most of all worried about what sickboy would do once they had got to the party; like worried squared or something. She had known that his friends and the people he hung out with were addicts , it wasn't that hard to figure out; ironically enough that's the one thing that her and renton could bond over when they were at there parents stupid posh parties. That might of been her then, but it wasn't her anymore. It was all well and good to go to the party, but she was scared of going there and becoming who she used to be, and getting back on the dirty tracks that she had been on in the past. She could guarantee as soon as she walked through the door she'd see a stray needle or something in the first twenty seconds. What happened if sickboy just cooked up and soon as they got there and he tried to force it on her, what would happen if she got there and then happened across a stray needle or something; what if in the moment she succumb to pressure and started taking again. She hadn't been able to escape those thoughts from the moment she woke up properly that morning that he asked her to come to the party. She was drowning in her thoughts sitting in front of the mirror in her room, brushing her hair over and over, until her thoughts were soon interrupted when she heard a knock at her door; the dog barked,  and for a moment she had forgotten what she was thinking about, but reality soon came crashing back to her. As she walked over to the door she felt stuck between a rock and a hard place, still unsure of what to do about the party and if she should go or not, but ironically enough as if her thoughts had been heard, she saw sickboy at the door through the peep hole. She had mixed emotions seeing him there; she felt glad to see him, missing him since the last time she had seen him. But she was also nervous, seeing him there meant that he was here to pick her up for the party. She still hadn't gotten dressed or even ready for the party (apart from brushing her hair) and she knew that was the first thing he was going to ask when he saw her. She decided to bite the bullet and just face Sickboy once and for all.

'Can't leave me alone for more then an hour can you?' she joked trying to keep it light with the conversation whilst opening the door to sickboy. She stood there with one had on her hip and the other holding the door open waiting for his reply.

'Nice to see you too' Sickboy sarcastically punched back whilst waltzing into her place, pecking Charlie on the lips and then going to give her dog a few strokes.

'Why aren't you dressed yet?' he commented as he turned around to face her and looked down to what she was wearing; Some old baggy shorts and one of his t-shirts, something she only wore when she was just lazing around. She shut the door behind him, trying to brace herself for what was to come. She knew that he was coming to pick her up, so he was confused as to why she wasn't ready. She was also so punctual and now she was the one that wasn't ready in time.

'I don't know about coming tonight sick' she said slowly, looking down at her feet, coming across rather shy whilst saying this statement. She didn't know how he would react and if he would go asking questions on why she felt this way. She hadn't actually prepared anything to say to him, and she didn't know if she wanted to tell him the truth straight away. She looked  up briefly to try and see if his facial expressions would give anything away, but she had no such luck. ; so she looked back down to her feet bracing herself for the worse possible answer that was to come.