4 | hurt

Neveah couldn't describe it but she somehow felt herself in the middle of the woods

Neveah couldn't describe it but she somehow felt herself in the middle of the woods. She knew something was happening but she didn't know what. It was like she had no control of her body as she found herself in the middle of the woods before a stampede was heard.

"What is going on?" She softly spoke when she finally stopped.

"Neveah?" Paul asked from behind her.

Neveah turned around to face him and was ready to take a step towards him but she saw the solemn look on his face and stopped. She could feel that something had happened but didn't know what.

"Paul? What happened?"

Paul sighed, "It's best if we go back to Sam and Emily's place."

Neveah shook her head, "No. Tell me now."

"Jared got hurt."

"What happened?" Neveah asked as soon as she crossed the threshold of Sam and Emily's place

"What happened?" Neveah asked as soon as she crossed the threshold of Sam and Emily's place. She finally understood what the ache in her chest was and why she found herself wandering the woods for no reason. It hurt to think about what might have happened to Jared but she needed to know. She needed to know he was going to be fine.

Sam sighed as he walked towards her, "He was trying to protect Paul and got hurt instead." Sam has come to see the girl as a little sister and he wanted to protect her no matter what and watching her face drop, hurt his heart.

"But he's going to be okay, right?" Neveah asked for reassurance. Reassurance was something she desperately needed or she would be torn apart worrying about Jared.

Sam nodded, "He will be. He's a fighter." Sam ushered her forwards towards the room Jared was resting in. He knew how much the imprint impacted them both and knew they needed to be close to each other, especially after everything he had gone through with Emily.

Neveah choked back a sob as she saw Jared lying on the bed with scratches and bruised all over his body.

"I'm okay." He tried to reassure her.

Neveah sobbed quietly in her hands as she made her way towards his bed, "I'm so sorry." She didn't know what she was apologising for but she couldn't stop the words from coming out.

Jared padded the space next to him, "Come here. I'm okay. Right now, the only thing I need it you." Neveah didn't argue as she laid next to him before he placed his head on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"What happened? And please don't lie to me." She had been going out of her mind to figure out what could have happened. It had to have been a vampire but a vampire shouldn't have been so close on their territory nor should he have been the only one in that area.

Jared sighed as he looked up at her, "I was patrolling the area with Paul, waiting for Jacob to take over from Paul. I didn't even have time to react, one minute I was joking around with Paul, the next a vampire was coming towards us. I didn't even think, I just dove in front of Paul and took the hit myself. He's my brother and I don't know what I would have done if he got hurt. I wanted to protect him. I just underestimated how strong vampires can be."

"As much as I admire your strength and ability to protect those you care about, I worry about you. I can't lose you. When you got hurt today, I was like I had a hole in my chest and everything in my body hurt. I care about you, Jared, a lot and I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you." Neveah cried. Jared was quick to pull her in close. He understood wholeheartedly what she was saying as the only thing that came to mind when he got hurt, was Neveah. He couldn't bare to lose her, just as he knew she wouldn't be able to bare losing him.

"I love you and I know you don't feel the same about me, but I'm never leaving you. You mean too much to me." Jared promised.

Neveah moved to look him in the eye, "I can't say that I love you just yet but I am falling for you, hard. I can't lose you before I've gotten to know all of you. I need you."

"I need you too, baby girl."