2 | anger

"You're Bella's friend, aren't you?"

"I was," Neveah shrugged.

She knew Jacob. He was Bella's best friend, the person she had ditched Neveah for. It hurt knowing that Bella hadn't told Jacob what was going on and he chose to address her like they were friends. Neveah knew, she and Jacob would never be friends. Not after everything she had been put through, by their so called friend.

Jacob frowned in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Neveah exhaled, "I mean, Bella and I aren't friends anymore. Not after she threw me in front of a vampire to save herself." Neveah could feel the anger radiating from Jared as he sat next to her. She knew that her brother had told Sam everything and through the link, Paul and Jared knew as well.

"Bella would never do that." Jacob adamantly refused.

Neveah scoffed, "Then you don't know her as well as you think." She couldn't understand Jacob's infatuation with Bella, nor could she understand why he followed her around like a lost puppy.

"Yes, I do." Jacob glared at Neveah. Who was she to question how well he knew Bella? She was his best friend after all.

"Look, I'm not going to argue with you on this. Bella and I are not friends and that's something you're just going to have to deal with, not that it's any of your business anyway. She's made her choice and I've made mine." Neveah firmly spoke before getting up and walking out of Sam's house. As she walked away, she could hear her brother and Jared, even Paul, putting Jacob in his place. It was none of his business.

 It was none of his business

"Hey, Uncle Charlie."

Neveah knew she had to check in Charlie or her parents would know something was up. She had made him promise not to tell her parents about her staying with Micheal as long as she checked in regularly. However, Neveah really hoped that Bella wasn't home as she wasn't ready for a confrontation. She didn't owe the brunette anything and she wanted to keep her distance for as long as possible.

"What can I do for you, kid?" Charlie asked with a smile. Neveah had always been like a daughter to him and he loved having her around, considering he and Bella didn't bond over much.

"I brought cookies and I missed my favourite Uncle," Neveah replied as she placed a box of cookies on the table.

"Thank you, kid. But unfortunately I have work so I should get going." Charlie spoke with disappointment.

Neveah grinned, "No worried, old man. I'll just grab some of my stuff and I'll be at Micheal's. You should come over sometime this week for dinner. We miss you."

"Don't worry, I will." Charlie spoke before pressing a kiss to her cheek and walked out of the door towards his car.

Neveah sighed before walking up to the room she had been staying at in Charlie's house, grabbing whatever she needed before walking down the stairs but, unfortunately, she had to come across the one person she didn't want to see at the moment.

"Neveah? What are you doing here?"

"I just came to grab some necessities before leaving." Neveah spoke firmly. Standing in front of Bella brought nothing but anger and she knew if she didn't leave, Bella was going to regret starting a conversation.

"Why? Where have you been? I thought we were friends? What happened to you?" Bella kept questioning.

Neveah scoffed, "Are you serious? Nothing happened to me. I just realised how selfish you really are and I can't be around you. I'm done. Besides, I'm sure Jacob is fine being there for you, like you wanted. You know what the worst part is, I know you are so much better than this, than this person you've become and I miss her."

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything. I didn't change. I just want my best friend back." Bella sighed in frustration.

Neveah shook her head in disbelief, "You are unbelievable. I almost died because of you. That vampire could have killed me but you didn't care. You were more concerned about the fact Jacob was ignoring you. I stood by you before you befriended the Cullen's, and then you just drop me. Then you call me and act like nothing happened between us. You've done nothing more than push me away, I needed my best friend too but she obviously couldn't sort out her priorities. I'm done. I can't do this anymore, Bella."

"But you can't leave me. We're supposed to stick together." Bella pleaded. In honesty, she was beginning to sound pathetic and desperate but in no way would that sway Neveah.

"Yet, you had no problem throwing me to a vampire to save yourself. I'm done. I'd like you to stop calling me and whenever we see each other in school, walk away." Neveah practically ordered.

"You can't do this."

"I didn't do anything. You did, Bella."