21

listen you the song while reading this chapter

Asher's POV

Annie has been in surgery for 5 hours now. A doctor finally comes out to talk to Annie's family. The doctor calls them over and I rolled my wheelchair over there super fast.

"Who are you?" Annie's mom says.

"I'm Asher, a friend of Annie's. I can listen to what the doctor has to say with you?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure." She says.

"Annie's heart failed and she needed a transplant. We had to wait a little while for the transplant but she got a heart and the surgery was successful. You're daughter is going to be alright." The doctor explained.

"Thank you!" Annie's dad said to the doctor as he hugged the doctor.

"Annie should be waking up soon, so if you guys want to go up to see her, you can." The doctor said.

"Okay thanks." Annie's mom said as the doctor walked away.

"Do you guys mind if I see her after?" I asked.

"Yes, of course." She said. I walked with Annie's family up to her room. Riley followed me and said the rest would come later. She was holding my guitar.

"Here!" Riley said handing me my guitar.

"What? Why did you give it to me?" I asked her.

"Sing to her!" Riley told me.

"Uhh.. I'm not sure. I don't sing for people and hey! How do you even know I sing?" I asked her.

"I saw your videos of you singing on your computer before I brought it to you. It looked like you were thinking of posting them, so I did for you! You're welcome." She said with a smile.

"Wait what!! You posted them!" I asked.

"Yep and by the way the videos blew up. You're kinda famous now." She said

"Wait really?" I asked confused.

"Yes, you are! And wait, have you not checked your socials?" Riley asked me.

"No, I've only been using iMessage." I told her.

"Oh well, you're famous now, you're welcome!" She said smiling again.

"..thank you....I guess?" I said and we both laughed a little

A few minutes later Annie's family was done talking to her and told me I could go in. I rolled into her room and she started to say something but I cut her off.

"No, Annie please don't say anything, let me. I'm so so sorry Annie. This is all my fault. I never should have kissed Indi, that was a mistake. I got upset and angry and I made a stupid mistake. Oh my god! I was so worried! You almost died and it was all my fault! I'm so so sorry Annie. I really don't ever want to hurt you like that ever again. Ugh I'm so stupid. I'm so sorry. Can I sing you a little something?" I asked and she nodded her head. I started to sing With You by Tyler Shaw. When I finished she had tears in her eyes.

"That was beautiful, why didn't you tell me that you sing?" She asked.

"I've never told anyone." I said quietly and looked down at my feet. "Will you forgive me?" I asked her.

"Yes, I forgive you Asher but I have a few questions." Annie said.

"Ask me anything." I told her.

"Why did you kiss her?" She asked.

"Well, there's something that she helps me with that I've only ever told her, Riley and Johnny... I have panic attacks.... and Indi was with me when I had my first one. She has always been there whenever I had one. I had one on the roof after our fight, I called her, she helped calm me down and then I don't know why but I kissed her." I told her.

"Oh Asher, I had no idea, I'm sorry. And what about the hickeys?" She asked.

"Indi already had them before. Her and one of my friends in the group named Matt are kinda a thing and he gave them to her." I told Annie.

"Oh, so you didn't give them to her?" She asked.

"No, of course not. Did you think I did?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll admit I did." She said. "And Asher, I'm sorry for not telling you that it was my birthday and being distant, Ignoring you and being rude but I'm not used to people making my birthday a big deal ever since Caleb died." She said.

"No no Annie it's alright but didn't your parents come with presents and balloons?" I asked her.

"Yeah, the only reason they made this year special is because this is my first birthday in the hospital and they feel bad for me." She said.

"Oh Annie, I'm sure that's not true." I reassured her.

"Yeah, it is. My mom kinda said it and I could see it on there faces but Hayley was happy to see me. She hates hospitals just as much as my parents do but what she hates even more is that she doesn't get to see me." Annie said.

"Aww." I said.

"Oh and Asher, this whole time have you been blaming yourself?" She asked me.

I started fidgeting with my fingers and looked down at them. " Yes." I said still looking at my fingers.

"Oh Asher, this isn't your fault." She told me.

"Yes, it is." I replied.

"It is not. Now come here!" She said and I rolled my wheelchair closer to her bed. She leaned down and I sat up in the wheelchair a little more and we kissed. It wasn't a long kiss because she just had surgery but it was our most intimate kiss yet. When we pulled away, I said
"I love you." I said with our foreheads resting on each other's.

"I love you too Asher!" Annie said kissing me.

______________________________
Thank you so much for 5k reads!🥰❤️

                            [966 words]