5

Asher's POV

"Hey Annie!" I yelled.

"Hey Asher, what's up?" She asked while walking into my room.

"Nothing much. I just want to say hi." I told her.

"Oh ok, well how are you feeling today?" Annie asked.

"A little better. Everything still hurts though. How about you? How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"Same as usual." She said.

"Cool." I said.

Then there was a few minutes of awkward silence until Annie broke it.

"That girl that came in earlier, is she your girlfriend?" She asked quietly

"Who Lauren? Ahaha no. She's just a close friend. Shes m-," I hesitated "Shes my best friend's twin sister." I said holding back tears.

She came out of the doorway and walked farther into my room.

"Asher? Are you okay?" Annie asked me nicely.

"No. My best friend his name is Johnny, he was in the accident with me. He's still in a coma and they don't know if he'll ever wake up. Lauren was driving the car and she blames herself but I know it wasn't her fault." I said and when I finished I started crying.

"Oh my god. Asher, I'm so sorry. Can I hug you?" She asked me.

I nodded my head and she pulled me in for a hug. She let me cry into her shoulder until a group of people walked in. She got up and left my room.

"Asher!! Oh my god how are you doing? I'm so sorry we couldn't visit until now." Indi explained.

"It's okay guys. And I'm doing okay." I told them.

"Asher, are you okay? Why were you crying? Dylan asked.

"It's Johnny. He's not doing well." I told them.

Then from behind them Kenzie appeared. She looked like she had been crying for days and then she started again. She came forward and I pulled her in for a hug.

"Shh Kenzie, he's going to be fine. He's strong, we both know that." I assured her.

"I hope you're right." She said.

"I hope I am too." I replied.

"Who was that girl you were hugging earlier?" Anna asked.

"Oh her. Her name is Annie and she lives is in the room right next to mine. She's been really nice to me."

"Aww well, don't go soft on us Angel." Indi joked.

Everyone laughed including me. I think that's the first time I've laughed since the accident.

"Riley and Mads couldn't make it today but I think they are coming with the guys later this week." Dylan told me.

"Oh okay, cool. I was wondering when the rest of them would come." I said and let out a small laugh. "So how's school been?" I asked them.

"Bor-ring!" Anna said in a sing-song voice. And everyone laughed.

We talked for awhile until they all had to go home. When they left, I looked into Annie's room. She looked sad and then I noticed she really doesn't get many visitors. I grabbed a notebook and wrote a note on it. I waved to get her attention and when I had it I held the notebook up.

What's your number so I can text you?

She grabbed her notebook and wrote something on it quickly. Then she held it up

555-221 (I know it's not a real phone number. I'm just using a sample one)

Asher: Hey

Annie: Hey

Asher: Can I ask you a question?

Annie: Sure

Asher: Why don't you get my visitors?

Annie: I don't get many visitors because a few years ago my brother passed away because of a rare heart condition, so my parents and my little sister hate hospitals. Because they hate hospitals they only visit me when they absolutely have to.

Asher: Annie I'm so sorry about your brother. But what about any other family?

Annie: I don't have any. Both of my grandparents on both sides are dead. They died before I was born and neither of my parents had siblings.

Asher: Oh I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.

Annie: No, it's okay really. I'm not lonely here so it's fine.

Asher: What do you mean?

Annie: Well I like my nurse, she's nice and we talk sometimes but I have a friend here that I see everyday.

Asher: What's her name?

Annie: Her name is Nadia. Maybe one day when you're better I can introduce you to her.

Asher: Sorry this may be a weird question but how old are you?

Annie: It's not weird. I'm 16

Asher: Oh cool! I'm 16 as well.

Annie: Sorry I have to go now. I'm meeting Nadia in the cafeteria for dinner. Talk to you later.

Asher: Ok bye. Talk to you later.

I couldn't stop smiling and I don't know why.

_________________________________
What do you guys think of the story so far?