Reasons to Be Sorry

Hello World! Here's the next chapter for all your viewing pleasure! I love you and hope you are all staying safe, and doing great things out there. Hugs, Kisses and the best of wishes!!

XOXOXO

Rayne

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT

When I wake up the next morning after a long night of hosting the three stooges the first thing I notice is the absence of Creed's warmth in our bed. Despite the fact that he hasn't been around as much during the last few weeks I've grown used to having him next to me when I go to bed and when I wake up. If I'm being completely honest that's the one thing that I look forward to every day.

Usually Creed won't touch me when we go to sleep. Not until a certain amount of time has passed. Once he thinks that I'm down for the night his arm will snake around my waist and pull me closer, not too close, just close enough that our legs entangle and we can feel each other's body heat. That's how I know that what Kello said really did affect him. Last night he was so restless waiting for an acceptable period of time to pass. When he finally thought that he was in the clear he pulled me so close that our bodies were meeting at every point and curve. His face pressed into the back of my neck in a way that reminded me of how I used to cling to my mother for comfort when I was a kid.

I wanted to turn around and hug him, tell him it was okay, but I knew that it wasn't the right time. He needed me yes, but he didn't need me to see him so vulnerable. He seems like he's not too used to being vulnerable in that way. So I pretended to sleep as he clutched at me his breathe quiet, constant, and a little unsteady.

Thus, when the older man is not next to me in the morning my heart heaves in an incredibly unsettling fashion before my worry is interrupted by a very loud and familiar exclamation.

"ARBY'S WE HAVE THE MEATS."

"What the fuck?" I mumble turning and sitting up in the large bed only to see Creed standing in front of the t.v with a remote in his hand. He looks....very attractive with his hair turning all different directions and his pajamas all slept in as if he only rolled out of bed minutes ago and went straight to the t.v. The t.v which is now playing a commercial for some obscure insurance company. Only....we don't have a signal for t.v down here yet. Or I thought we didn't.

"Is...is that...t.v?" I question rubbing my eyes with my hands and sitting up even further, scooting so I'm closer to the end of the mattress. Creed turns to look at me nodding, his eyes catching on my figure as he gestures for me to leave the bed.

"I woke early in order to finish getting everything connected. It's only cable for now but-"

"That's awesome!" I can't help the excitement that bursts from my throat as I climb over the back of the couch and settle down staring at the screen. It's still only commercials but....I haven't seen a commercial in what seems like such a long time that I'm actually kind of enjoying it. I look up at Creed with a surge of enthusiasm. I'm met with a gaze that can only be described as uneasy. Sinking back into the soft seat of the couch I glance at the t.v before looking back at those amber eyes. Those eyes that I was so used to appearing strong and viscous. "What is it? Why do you....why are you looking at me like that?"