Pandora's Box

Hello everyone! Yes. I know it's been awhile but I promised I'd be back with more and here I am. I wish I could be more consistent but that just hasn't worked out for me so I can't make any promises. Anyways, without further ado here is the chapter I have been working on for so long. It was quite a difficult one to write because I wanted to capture the characters reactions and intentions perfectly, and I found myself scrapping and rewriting it multiple times. So now that I think I've got it as close to perfect as possible and it's been read and reviewed by a good friend, lets let her rip. 

Also I love you guys, and I seriously appreciate your patience and the fact that you're sticking with me. Seriously. You guys are the greatest.

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

CHIP POV

"What the hell Chip."

I wince as Theo slowly turns to look at me. It takes everything in me not to move as the sound of Bobby screaming at Creed fades into the distance. What could I do anyways? I'm too afraid of Creed to fight him. I clench my fists with shame. I would just get my ass kicked...but I can't just stand here and do nothing. Biting my lip with newfound determination I turn to follow the pair but before I can get very far Theo grabs my arm and whips me around.

"Where in the world do you think you're going?" He's annoyed I can tell clearly from the expression on his face and from the criticism in his voice.

"I have to help Bobby." I explain tugging my arm from his grasp. This does nothing as he takes hold of my arm again in a firm and rough grip.

"No, absolutely not. I think you've helped Bobby enough for one night don't you?"

A pang of guilt shoots through me and I turn to glare at Theo. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

His face is distorted with so many different emotions I can't pick out which one is most prevalent. There's anger, pain, disgust, and disappointment. It almost hurts to look at him. "It means you aren't going anywhere. That's what it means."

I growl and try to shake him off but his hold is so tight I can feel my arm going numb. "Stop trying to control me!"

Theo laughs wryly and pulls me closer. "Stop trying to control you? Look what happens when I take my eyes off of you for one minute! Everything falls apart! Can't you behave for just one night?" He shakes his head and gestures towards the Jacuzzi and the abandoned vodka. "If anything I need to control you more don't you think?"

Insulted, I muster all of my strength to throw my body weight against my offending guardian. Theo stumbles back a few steps but otherwise is still standing on two feet. "I'm a human being Theo, not a toy!" I snap rubbing my arm and stepping away from the older man.

"If you're a human being start acting like one!" He counters, violently kicking the bottle of vodka at his feet. It tips over and into the Jacuzzi which is still bubbling lightly. "You treat everything like its one big game! Newsflash kid the decisions you make have consequences!"

I scoff at him calling me kid and shoot daggers at him with my eyes. "I'm not an idiot Theo! I know that!"

"If you knew that why did you do something so stupid in the first place? Whatever happens to Bobby tonight is on you Chip!" Theo shouts pointing at the staircase. "Because you can't take a second to use your pathetic brain and ask yourself if you should be doing what you're doing!"