Takoda and the Sky Cry

Here it is Lovelies! It took me a long time to get this one out! So many thoughts to sort through... I'm pretty sure I restarted like five or six times! Either way I finally set it free! CATCH IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takoda and the Sky Cry

"So....." I spoon a nice round bunch of cheerios into my mouth, the crunching of my teeth reverberating in my skull. As soon as I'm done chewing I dip my spoon into the round bowl once again before responding to Theo.

"So."

Long pause."So...."

I raise my eyebrow and dare to look up at his face. He's watching me intently not even a glance at the paper folded in front of him. "So." I repeat.

"So...."I flinch and sigh turning back to my cereal in exasperation. He's trying to kill me, I know it. "Who was that kid yesterday?" His voice suggests that he's merely curious but when I look back up into his eyes I can see intense interest. "Friend of yours?"

I cock my head leaving my cheerios to go soggy in the slowly warming milk. "I recall mentioning that he was Satan's henchman. I don't ordinarily befriend familiars of the King of Hell. So no. We are not friends."

Theo nods gently as if he's trying hard to think of another topic. Maybe we could talk about the fact that he's been raking his eyes up and down my body since I woke up. That would probably get a little bit awkward for the both of us though, so maybe not. "How's work?" I question attempting to be cordial while going back to my bloated wheels floating on an ocean of white. Ah cheerios...a dying childhood.

"It's alright. All kinds of celebrations and meetings have been requested to take place at the hotel so it'll be busy for a while." Theo is the CEO of a huge conglomerate. The Tetera Group. He inherited after his father, who inherited after his father, who inherited after his father and so on and so forth. It's a hotel franchise that's spread all across the states and been carried through generations of his family from the very first man who rose up and caught his dream. Theo's father is still president of the franchise but even still Theo makes all the decisions concerning strategy and vision. Sometimes it can be daunting living with such an honored individual. Especially since I don't feel like he's all that honorable in the first place.

"That's good." I state quickly losing interest. I find ventures of business boring and dry no need to humor him any longer.

He seems to notice my growing disinterest and despite my assuming that he would be insulted at my obvious indifference he seems to be considerably more pleased that I don't care. He stands and walks to the counter with a spring in his step snatching his keys into his hand and gesturing for me to follow. "School time."

Ugh.

"Maybe we can sit down and talk about your work some more." I suggest grimacing at the very idea of education.

Theo fights the grin that steadily attempts to break out on his face and instead taps me on the head with his knuckles. "Grab your bag and let's go."

I sigh and pout. "What's the purpose of school anyways? I don't need an education."

"You do if you want a job." He states jingling his keys as he holds the front door open for me like a gentleman as I swing my backpack over my shoulder.

"What if I don't?" I reply marching to the passenger side of the car. Before I can open my door Theo grabs the handle and pulls it open for me gesturing for me to get in. I almost flush before remembering that I'm not a girl.

"How are you going to survive then?" He questions his face five inches from mine as I refrain from sitting as long as possible, the hardness of the door pressed between us.