Temper and the Rope

LOOK IT! LOOK IT! I MADE THIS FOR YOU!! Okay, in all seriousness though here's the next part. I hope you guys like it. There are some really fun and unexpected interactions in this chapter that went ahead and wrote themselves while I wasn't looking. Ultimately it's worth it and it works out perfectly. Enjoy!

Also I love you and have a wonderful day/night/morning/evening/afternoon. 

 -Rayne

"Honey are you okay?"

Sighing I throw a chunk of broken glass into the garbage bag in my other hand and glance at Julia. Jules looks just as beautiful as always even when frazzled and covered in wine. She doesn't seem to mind so much as she rubs a manicured hand through her dark, wet hair. Though her face is painted with an expression of worry and I can't help but feel terrible for the mess that I've made.

"I'm fine Jules. I just have to clean this mess up." I respond, picking up another large shard of glass and dropping it in the bag. I can't believe that Chip threw that bottle at me. Sure he's got an attitude and he's always been pretty vocal about his feelings but...he's never displayed such violence before.

"I'm sorry. That was all my fault wasn't it?" I can tell from the sound of her voice that she feels guilty and that's the last thing that I want. In reality this situation has nothing to do with her. It's between Chip and I.

I stand up and stretch my legs while sending her a quick shake of my head, "It wasn't your fault. It was my fault. I've been having a hard time lately and I thought that meeting with you would fix it but it turns out that it didn't fix anything at all."

Silence fills the room as I reach over and grab the broom which is leaning against the counter. I begin to sweep up all the small shards of glass as Jules taps her fingers against the counter in a little rhythm that tells me she's thinking. "What were you trying to fix by giving me a booty call sweetie?"

"I don't really want to talk about it right now Jules. I'm sorry I wasted your time tonight. In the end I couldn't even do it."

Jules scoffs and lays her chin in her palm giving me a quick smirk. "You're not the first man who couldn't get it up in front of me," Her smile dies and she glances at the graduation gown on the counter next to her arm. "I know you aren't impotent Theo, we've had sex before."

I shake my head again and wave her off continuing to clean up the kitchen floor. Why is it that I feel like I'm cleaning this room so often lately?

"It's because of the kid isn't it?" I don't respond and she shrugs. "You're into him and he's into you. So what's the problem?"

Closing my eyes I drop my shoulders in defeat. "It's not that simple Jules. I'm his guardian. I'm supposed to take care of him. I'd be spitting on his fathers' grave if I started something."

Jules laughs as if I've made an incredibly funny joke and picks at a cuticle before glancing at me. "Somethings already started Theo. I get that you're trying to wrap it up with a nice pretty bow and lock it away but there's no stopping it."

Leaning against the counter I reach over and grab Chips graduation cap, remorse exploding in my gut like a jumbo firework. How could I forget about his graduation? I made promises to him. Today was supposed to be about family. "Why not?"

"Because he already wants you baby and from the look of it he wants you bad. I think it's beautiful."

"He only wants me now. In two years he'll want different things and then who's going to look after him? He'll fall out of whatever he feels for me and our relationship won't be the same. Afterwards he won't feel comfortable coming to me for help. Every kid needs help from someone with life experience and if it all goes south he won't be able to get that from me anymore. Where will he get it then? He doesn't have anyone else."