Chapter 6- What have I done?

(Chapter 6- What have I done?)    

Recap-

“I’m sticking to what I tried to say earlier. I think it’s too soon to share a room.” I confessed crossing my arms.

“Ok, then how about this.”

He picked up a few pillows from the bed and lined them in the middle.

“What are you doing?”

“This way you have your side and I have mine. No crossing over.” He said. “The bed is big enough for us to have our own personal space.”

I thought about it for a minute and realized that it would be ok and agreed.

“Ok but we stick to our own sides.”

“Deal.” He said.

I joined him in the bed but stayed as close to my side as possible. I didn’t want any accidents happening throughout the night. I snuggled myself into the pillows and turned on my side to watch the movie.

I felt myself growing tired. I tried as hard as I could to stay awake but my body was working against me. Ten minutes later I gave up the fight and closed my eyes sinking into the darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening my eyes the next morning I found that I could barely move. Something heavy was draped across my stomach and hot air was being blown down my neck.

I slowly turned the best I could to face the object that has me trapped and that’s when I saw him, it was Tyler. I quickly started to panic at our closeness. Thank God he was still asleep of else this may have been even more awkward.

So much for sticking to our own sides, how did the pillows get moved anyway? I gently picked up Tyler’s arm and lifted it off of me before placing it at his side. After I was sure he wouldn’t wake up I pulled the covers off of me and slipped from the bed.

I wasted no time finding my clothes and quietly running to the bathroom. I instantly relaxed once I was inside and alone. It felt good to be by myself. In fact, that’s how I preferred it most of the time. I can think better that way.

I walked over to the bathroom door and made sure it was locked before I striped down for my shower. After patiently waiting for the water to warm I finally got in and began washing off as I thought about what happened last night.

I still can’t believe I wound up in his arms. I though the pillow work as a separation technique but I guess I was wrong. At least I’ll know for next time…

Oh no…next time! There is going to be a next time! How could I have forgotten that? I am going to be with him every day now. Not just everyday but every night too. How can I adjust to this? I have never lived with a guy before and I'm not really ready too. What if this happens again? Or even worse what if it’s me who ends up on his side next time? Oh… this is not good. I need a new plan quick.

After showering with his stuff since I didn’t have anything there I got out. I was a little upset that I would go around smelling like Tyler all day but I really didn’t have a choice. Mental note… pick up shower stuff from home.

“Just a second.” I called once I realized Tyler was trying to open the door to the bathroom.

I dried off as fast as I could and put on my clothes. I needed to dry my hair too but I guess I would have to wait for Tyler to get done in here first. Maybe I could find it and dry my hair in his room.