Epilogue

The Alpha’s Choice- Epilogue

-18 years later-

Tyler and I sit curled up together on our porch swing with his arms wrapped around me in a comfortable embrace while I leaned into his chest. We sat silently while staring out into the yard watching Carly chase Drew around trying to catch him. He laughed loudly as she would almost catch him and then let him get away.

Carly was Tyler and I’s only daughter and middle child. She was fifteen, beautiful and looked exactly like her dad. Our oldest son Carson was now 18 and has taken over as Alpha now. He found his true mate about two years ago and wasted no time claiming her. They now live at the pack hose while Tyler and I live in our own since his stepping down as Alpha. Drew was our youngest son. He was seven and very energetic. He can’t sit down for longer five minutes.

I shivered as the cool air from the fall blew in giving me chills. I knew it wouldn’t be long before it was to cold for us to sit outside anymore which was one of the things I loved. Being outdoors was one of the few things that made me happy other than our kids and going for the occasional run.

“Do you want to go in?” Tyler asked holding me close that I could feel his breath on my neck as he spoke.

“No.” I said. “I want to enjoy what’s left of these somewhat warm days.”

“The kids seem to enjoy it.” He chuckled while watching Drew be tickled till he was screaming on the ground.

“They do.” I agreed.  

I felt him place a gentle kiss on my neck. “Thank you for giving us three great children.”

“I wasn’t the only one.” I smiled.

“I love you.” He whispered.

I smiled at hearing those words. They never seemed to get old too me. I always enjoyed hearing that from him.

“I love you to.”

I’ll admit our love probably wasn’t as what I would have with Jeremy and part of me always wonders what if. But then again I’m perfectly happy now with him and our children. I love them more than I could explain. Tyler and I’s bond have only strengthened over time and now I could say that I loved him just as much as he loved me.

I’ve only seen Jeremy one time since that day in the hospital but it was only for a minute at the supermarket about three years ago. Drew was pushing the buggy and making race car sounds running through the store like a mad man and I was running after him in hopes that he wouldn’t hit something before I caught up with him. He’s always running it seems like.

Anyway as we passed by the isle my eyes quickly flashed down and I was met with Jeremy’s eyes for only a minute but that was it. Neither of us made any attempt to speak to one another and I think it was for the best. Both of us knew it was better to leave things the way they were instead talking and having those old memories come back again.

I had heard Tyler talking a few times with his dad about Emily and from what I’ve heard they have two girls and trying for a boy since he has to have one in order to pass down the alpha title.

I suppose you’re wondering what happened with everyone else now. Well Alpha Steven and his wife moved to some beach in Florida somewhere about a year after Tyler stepped up as Alpha. They only come to visit the kids about twice a year and other than that I don’t see them much. I’m not complaining though. I still haven’t been able to be friendly with them after everything but I do my best to be civil for Tyler and the kids. Nothing will ever be forgotten though.

As for my parent’s they still live in the same place they always have still happy as can be. After they really seen how much I loved Tyler they began to be happy for me and welcomed him into the family with open arms.

Regan and Jared have been gone for about six years. They switched packs about a year after Drew was born. They are only about two hours away but we hardly see each other anymore. We call one another around the holidays or birthdays but that’s about it. They only have one son and he’s just a year younger than Carson. They were pretty close friends before they moved.

“Mom can I go to Ashley’s house, they just got back and she wants me to come over?” Carly asked standing at the edge of the porch with her phone in hand looking down at the screen.

“Yes but don’t stay to late, you have school tomorrow.” I said.

“Thanks.” She smiled and turned to leave.

“Hold it.” Tyler said causing her to stop.

She looked back at him in confusion. “What?”

“Doesn’t she have an older brother that lives there?” He asked.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “No dad Alex left for college last year.”

He took a minute before speaking probably studying her to see if she was telling the truth. “Alright but only two hours.”

“Fine.” She grumbled before walking away.

“You don’t have to worry about her you know. She’s a good girl.” I stated.

“I know but you can’t be to careful.” He replied.

The reason we didn’t have to worry about Carly was because she was a lot like I was, shy and only holding out for her true mate. She had no interest in any other guys. Tyler was a little worried by this seeing as she may never meet him but now she has a long as she wants to meet him. Tyler and I did away with the forced mating by the time the pack members reached eighteen but if someone still chose to do it, that was up to them.

Sometimes looking back I still can’t believe that this all started with the alpha’s choice and ended with the alpha’s choice. It was Tyler’s choice to choose me and Jeremy’s choice to let me go. Sometimes in life we don’t always get what we want but we learn to live with it and move on. That’s what we all had to do whether we like it or not.

Oh and I forgot to mention Sloane didn’t I. Well the truth is she did finally meet Tyler about a year ago when her and her husband came to settle down in the pack the next town over. He was shocked by her presence but that’s about all. After being with me so long our bond had become strong enough that he didn’t want to be with her. Though sometimes I do wonder if she would have stayed if things would have turned out differently but I guess we’ll never know. And I think that’s a good thing because some things are better left that way.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

There it is, the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and all you Jeremy fans don’t worry I’ve decided to write an alternate ending just for you. It will be up sometime in the upcoming week.

Thank all of you so much for all the support on this book. It really means a lot to me. I have read all your comments and appreciated all the votes. I’m sorry that I don’t have time to get back with everyone but I wish I could. Please take the time to vote and comment seeing it is the last real chapter. Lets see how high we can get it in werewolf.

If I’ve left anything unanswered let me know and I’ll see if I can fix that. So bye bye for now.

Lots of love, Brittany.