Chapter 4- Megan and Alex (Rewritten)

(Chapter 4- Megan and Alex)

While sitting in my last class before lunch I let my mind wonder back to the dream I had last night. I couldn't help but wonder what the mystery guy's name was. Is it normal for people to dream about someone they have never met?

Maybe that’s what happens before you meet your mate. I guess I would have to ask someone that actually had one to know for sure.

Who do I know that has a true mate?

I tapped the side of my jaw as I thought about it, but kept coming up blank . I don’t really know a lot of people since I’m kind of a loner here. Reagan was my only real friend. Maybe she knows someone.

If I did get the courage to ask someone, I need to make sure it’s not a person who would tell Tyler about my genuine curiosity. That would not be good for anyone. I was technically his now according to pack law...or the Alpha anyway. 

“What are you thinking about?” Reagan quietly asked pulling me from my thoughts.

She was still taking notes from Mr. Greene as she spoke to me. One's that I should have been taking but wasn't. It was hard to do when my mind was elsewhere. Let's just hope I don't fail the up coming quiz we had next week. 

“Do you happen to know anyone who has a real mate that we could talk to?” I asked.

She gave it a quick thought before answering.“There is this one girl from my math class that does.”

I felt a burst of excitement at her response.“Great. Does she know Tyler?”

She slowly shook her head seeming a bit unsure. “I don’t think so.”

“Do you think you could find her during lunch so I can talk to her?” I nervously asked. 

I knew it would arise some questioning out of her, but I just had to talk to someone. There was no way I could just keep something like this to myself. 

Curiosity shown through her eyes.“I guess so. What is it about?” 

“Just mate stuff.” I admitted.

In only just a matter of seconds her curiosity was long gone and was quickly replaced with concern.

“Fine, don't tell me, but at least be careful Ky. I don’t want you to get in trouble with the Alpha.” 

I wanted to roll my eyes at her worry but I knew she only said what she did because she cared about me. I just wish she'd trust me. No one will find out. 

“I won’t. just introduce us and I'll take it from there.” 

She nodded her head but I could tell she was still worried about me. There was no way she would ever understand unless she was in my position. No one could.

The rest of class passed rather quickly. Reagan and I were now on our way to the cafeteria to find her friend whose named I had recently learned was Megan.  I really hope she could help me with this dream situation. If she couldn't, then I don't know who could. 

There were not many people in our pack that were with their true mates so the likelihood I would find someone else to ask about this was very slim. And if I were to start asking around I would surely raise suspicion then. 

“There she is.” Reagan said pointing to a table in the corner of the room as soon as we entered the lunchroom. 

Megan was sitting next to, whom I’m guessing is her mate, holding hands and kissing him. She looked amazingly happy and it sent a pain to my heart. I feared that happiness would never happen to me. Sure I might grow to love Tyler, but it would be nothing compared to what I could have with my true mate.