Chapter 8- Easier Said Than Done

(Chapter 8- Easier Said Than Done)

Elsie's POV (Kiela's mom) 

I continued to stare down at Kiela while she slept. At least now she was resting. I never thought I could get her to stop crying.

I rubbed the hair on her head as I remembered getting her to sleep when she was little. I can't believe how fast my little girl has grown up.

Even as she slept I could tell something was wrong. I wish she would have told me what was bothering her. One thing about Kiela is she keeps her feelings locked up most of the time and keeps things hidden. Even with me being her mom she refuses to tell me things a lot of the time.

Seeing her hurting makes me feel like an awful parent. I just wish I could help her with whatever she's dealing with

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy's POV

I angrily paced the forest floor. How could she do this to me? Did she not want to meet her true mate? How can I forgive her for doing this? Everything I had hoped for is out the window now and I'm left without a mate. Now I guess I have to mate Emily.

I refuse to be the laughing stock of my pack. If they find out that my mate chose to be with another then I would look weak to them. An Alpha cannot look weak.

It's time for me to make a claim of my own now, if Kiela could do it then why couldn't I. Who knows maybe it will break the bond between mates once we are both mated to different people. I could only hope that was the case because I can't continue loving someone that belongs to another wolf.

"What's eating you?" A voice behind me asked.

"Just the person I needed to see." I said turning to her.

Emily made her way closer to me and threw her arms around my neck. I forced a smile on my face as I wrapped my arms around her waist bringing her closer to me.

"What can I do for you?" She asked seductively pressing her body against mine.

"How about coming to my room tonight so we can complete the mating process." I forced myself to say.

Emily's eyes lit up at my words. "You're ready?"

"As ready as you are." I fake smiled but it was well hidden.

"I'll be there." She winked.

She eagerly brought her mouth to mine as she nipped my bottom lip asking for entrance. I wasted no time complying and attacking hers hungrily. I would do just about anything to get Kiela out of my mind right now and it seemed this was the only way so I welcomed it.