twenty |

[i recommend listening to
'revenge' by 'XXXTENTACION']
—play on repeat—

twenty -  revenge

8 h o u r s e a r l i e r

r i v e r

the thoughts racing in my mind anger me.

it's them.

it's always them.

they ruin life after life, with absolutely no remorse nor regret.

and it sickens me.
it sickens me to the point in which i can't comprehend their ill minds.

to change this is something i have to do. i can't watch anymore families destroyed, my own was bad enough.

i know of one thing to do.
make them feel exactly like they make others do.

rushing into the building, i try to stay as quiet as possible.

the gun tucked into my belt is fully loaded and i'm completely prepared to use it.

the white board room doors are open ajar so i can look in.

although my hearts racing and i can feel it beating in my throat, i know what i've got to do, or at least what i feel is right.

it's just her—planning more cases just to destroy someone else's life.

it's wrong and that needs to change.

"alexandria." i say as i push open the double doors, making an entrance.

"river?" she questions, "what are you doing here?"

"we need more days." i state bluntly, crossing my arms and gripping my bicep.

a laugh escapes her lips before she speaks, "that's real funny, but you know you should've finished today."

shrugging her shoulders at me, i only become more angered.

"hunter has lost caleb," i shake my head and correct myself, "jayden and hunter have lost caleb. one of the only people who meant so much to them, gone"

"should've been more careful, i stand by the date that was set." she says diverting her attention back to the files.

all i can see is red, i'm aggravated beyond belief.

"are you fucking serious?" i take a few steps closer, standing above her.

"river, it's not my fault your new partners are careless like your mother." alex speaks with no emotions.

"fucking say that again." i pull my gun out and aim it directly at her forehead.

"you haven't got the balls, i own you." alex's mocking voice pounds through my head. "not as brave as your mommy, least she was decisive she wanted to leave you and-"