sixteen |

[i recommend listening to
'calm down' by 'g-eazy']
—play on repeat—

sixteen - key

thursday | day six

h u n t e r

we only have two days left, including today.

so far we've, well river, killed our only lead.

so i thought.

this morning caleb left around six am to see if he could gather any information. we later got a text from him, saying the following:

caleb
everyone, warehouse now.

jay
did you actually find something?

me
what is it?

caleb
yes!! just get down here now

kai
be there in 10.

river
bet.

we soon gathered at the warehouse, to find jasmine already there. strange but apparently useful; which leaves us here.

"so what's so important we all had to rush down here?" jayden asks.

"well jasmine met me this morning," caleb begins to explain" she told me that her dad has been away for few days on business job and isn't back till tomorrow"

"woah woah woah, why are we only finding this out now?" river asks.

"i don't usually give a shit about what he's doing, so my mom only just mentioned it" she says throwing her hands up in defence.

"all that matters is we know that now. how soon can we be there?" i ask jasmine, thinking it's best to go now.

"it should take around 40 minutes" she reply's.

"what are we waiting for?" kai asks keen to get going.

"nothing, let's go" caleb answers.

everyone heads out to the cars and separates into two.

jasmine goes with the boys, she'll lead because she knows the address. where as jayden, caleb and i will take the other car to follow.

"do you trust this is actually going to get us somewhere?" jayden asks.
"i do." caleb says as he puts his head between the seats from the back, as usual.

"i don't trust most things this girl says, but if it's our only opportunity, sure." i say, still keeping an eye on the car in front.

after round 40 minutes, we pull up outside a large white house, or mansion rather.

it's got large white marble steps with a pillared entrance, not to mention the large glass windows. this place is insane.

walking up to the house, jasmine pulls out a key which clearly unlocks the house. once the door is opened, it reveals two grand white staircases curving to face the door. a large crystal chandelier is situated between them, lighting up the room from the natural light's reflection.

"damn" i hear kai mutter under his breath.

"yeah, damn is one way of putting it" i reply, causing the both of us to laugh quietly.

"can we get into the garage?" caleb asks.

"it's always been locked, even when i was little. i don't even know what's in there" jasmine says walking over to a room, which presumably is her father's office.

[i recommend listening to
'moonlight' by 'XXXTENTACION']
—play on repeat

two glass french doors lead to a large desk and office chair.

"there's got to be something in here, daddy was always secretive of this room" jasmine speaks as she begins to look in a drawer.

we all begin searching throughout the office, hoping to find something to help.

finding false information is something kai seems to be great at, since he keeps doing that. river isn't really helping at all, just moping around. jayden gave up about 20 minutes ago and miraculously whipped out a nail file, so that's keeping her busy as she sits in the large brown office chair.

i think i'm ready to give up, we've been looking for a good hour and nothings shown up and i doubt it will.

"this is hopeless, are you kidding?" river huffs as he looks over to jasmine, almost like he's reading my mind.

"i really thought there'd be something here, okay?" she says raising her eyebrows.

"cmon we've looked this far, we can't give up now" caleb says trying to motivate everyone. he's always been like that and it's a trait i admire.

"seriously man, if there was something we would've found it by now" kai says trying to let reality sit.

"don't be so sure. my father was always so protective and would hide most of his things," and with that she picks up a large fabergé imperial egg and let's it smash on the floor. it's bejewelled broken pieces scatter around the room.

"what the fuck?!" jayden is quick to jump out of her seat, "those things cost more than some fucking cars, dude"

"well, i thought he would've hidden something in it" she shrugs but giggles to herself, looking down to the floor; nothing but shattered glass. nothing useful.

"fuck that, i want the pieces" jayden gets up and goes to the floor to collect the smashed egg.

"jayden, watch yourself you're gonna cut your hands" caleb says before following her, giving her some help as he crouched down.

suddenly, his face lights up "did anyone look under the desk?" caleb asks as he looks closer.

"what? why would we do that?" i ask.

after fiddling with something underneath it, he brings up a key. "this was tucked up" his face beams.

"well there's only one place i can think of to use that" jasmine says.

maybe this place wasn't a total bust after all.

<3