nine |

[i recommend listening to
'arms around you' by 'XXXTENTACION']
—play on repeat—

nine - emotion

+t h i r d p e r s o n

pulling up outside the warehouse, both girls exit the vehicle.

confusion arising from hunter with every step she takes. 'what the hell could he want?' is all she can play over in her mind as she opens the large steel door.

"get what you were looking for?" caleb asks as they re-enter the building.

"yeah, we got some really nice things" hunter smiles absentmindedly, the only thing on her mind being the roof.

knowing where the stairs and door is, she manages to get there without much attention, considering jayden begins talking about their little trip.

the tan hand of the girl gently twists the door knob once she reaches the top of the staircase.

"river?" she calls out, hesitant to whether this is some sick joke and something bad was really going to happen.

"river?" she repeats herself but gets startled from the other voice across the roof.

"yeah, i'm over here" he calls out rather softly.

making her way over to him, she stands next to the the man, not only larger in stature, but broader.

"what did you wanna talk about?" hunter questions.

"i wanted to apologise" he says, accepting what feels like defeat.

confusion rushing through her, she can't help but ask "you're sorry?".

"yes." he sighs, "truly, i'm sorry. i've been an asshole".

"yeah, you have" hunter agrees as she crosses her arms, trying her best to shield them from the cold air whipping at the bare skin on show.

"kai's right, none of this is going to work unless we all get along..." he pauses turning to look at her dead in the eyes. "or at least try too". the girl assumes this wasn't completely off his own accord.

turning to look at her, river could see the raised goosebumps high on her skin.

so he slides off the black denim jacket he was wearing and places it over her small shoulders, letting her little figure sink into the warmth of the jacket.

"river you didn't need—" hunter goes to protest his action, although he doesn't let the girl finish.

"i know" he simply reply's before letting his focus go back to the city laid out in front of them. he doesn't really think much of it.

"thank you" she let's her eyes dart over his side profile, 'he's a lot more attractive with this personality; the personality where he shows that he cares' she thinks to herself, before also watching
the flicker of lights she'd grown so fond of, yet grown to loathe too.

both of them stand in complete silence after what just happened.

river felt vulnerable.
showing such emotions he hadn't in so long.
it almost felt new again. new to feel, but dangerous. kai always said he missed the old him, did he too?

where as,
hunter.
she felt confused.
going from feeling only hatred and pure anger towards him, to this.
her head felt like it was spinning.
focusing on one light was far too hard, so she stares at the glistening moon shining brightly against the inky-black night.

<3