six |

[i recommend listening to
'if you let me' by 'sinead harnett']
—play on repeat—

six - help

h u n t e r

nothing but panic rushes through me as the unfamiliar girl made her way into the room.

"who are you?" her pitchy voice snaps.

none of us replying, we all stand in complete and utter silence waiting for someone to reply.

"you're mr. rodriguez's daughter?" river asks as his eyebrows furrow out of confusion.

"unfortunately, yes" her bright blue eyes stay starring at us, although she begins to play with the several cartier accessories on her hand and wrist.

"unfortunately?" kai questions the, clearly wealthy, girl.

"yes, my daddy is a repulsive man," she shakes her head "but you already knew that. didn't you?" she points out—crossing her arms.

"what makes you say that?" i ask, confused by this information.

"well why else would you be here, other than to steal from him? or kill him of course." she says, sounding very sure of herself but not concerned.

"i don't know what you're talking about" river's reply's with a mumbled awkward laugh.

"don't play dumb" she flicks her long brown hair, "i want to help."

"what?" i say shaking my head as i furrow my eyebrows, trying to comprehend what she'd just said.

"i said, i want to help you kill my father"

"what were you guys thinking" jayden says pulling us to one side after we enter the warehouse.

"i know, i know but she could bring in some actual information" i say to jayden, trying to reassure both her and me.

"plus, she's down to kill him" river adds as he shrugs his shoulders like it's nothing.

"how do we know that's even true?" jayden continues on.

"we...don't" i hesitate, thinking how much of a bad idea this really was.

"brilliant," she turn to look at caleb and kai with the girl we'd learnt to be named 'jasmine' "this is just brilliant".

"hey, j it'll be okay" i say before she can get anymore worked up over this whole situation.

come to think of it, we should've continued to deny it and left her back in albany. but no, i let the boys get under my skin and convince me this was a 'good idea'; proving to already be an incorrect accusation.

"right well there's no getting away from it now, cmon" river says before signalling for us to follow him as he walks over.

we go over to the other side of the warehouse, where kai, caleb and jasmine currently are, standing around the table.

"jayden right? we haven't properly met, i'm jasmine" she says to jayden, lifting her hand for them to shake each others.

in return, jayden just nods with a straight smile before giving in and bringing her hand to the same level; ready to shake.

"right if you're going to help i don't want any shit, your with, not against us" i say as i cross my arms, indicating that if she's actually working with us she's got to commit.

"i got it, harriet. don't worry" she says with a grimacing smirk, like she knew she got my name wrong.

"it's hunter"

2 3 : 4 3

although we were never going to get on, jasmine hasn't been useless. she's actually given us some useful information; like where to find her dad at certain times and possible passwords if we need them ( of course being her birthday or name ).

we've researched different locations that could be a possibility for the cars, however nothing is standing out.

"okay, are we packing up for the day?" kai asks from across the room.

looking around to see everyone nodding and complying, i reply "yeah, sounds good".

everyone begins closing things down, obviously leaving the random pieces of paper scattered. we all exit before caleb pulls out the keys, locking the building.

"see you all tomorrow".

<3