two |

[i recommend listening to
'IVRY' by 'miles from kinshasa']
—play on repeat—

two - 1 week

h u n t e r

0 0 : 0 0

"perfect timing" alexandria says as we walk in.

"as always" i reply.

we take a seat at one of the many options at the long, glass meeting table—situated in a crisp, clean, white board room.

"what can we do for you this time, alex?" i ask as marcus joins us at the table.

"we'd like you to complete the largest job of your life" he says with a grimacing smirk.

"you said there's going to be other people?" jayden inquires.

"yes," alexandria gets up from her seat to open the large white doors, "would you please say hello to your new members, river jamoré and kai lemer" she says swinging her arm out like they're some sort of prize.

"members, what is this? a fucking country club?" jayden scoffs to herself earning a snigger from me.

"something funny?" marcus asks sending us a hard stare.

i just shake my head in return, before looking in the direction of the two tall male figures i could see out the corner of my eyes. they have noticeable tattoos, some up they're arms and down their hands, others crawling up their necks.

they come and join us at the large table whilst alex and marcus begin with the explanation.

"so, as it stands" alexandria says standing up and presenting a large board—clearly mapping out our plan of action, "you have 8 cars to steal, one with 4 million dollars and another with 3". although it sounds like a lot to do, it's pretty much our usual job; the only difference being the money.

"the cars and money belong to a business, who stole them. you must kill the four men who are responsible for this, along with retrieving the stolen goods" marcus adds, a brow raised as he speaks.

"you have 1 week"

saturday | day one

we all found an abandoned warehouse to use for the next week.

it's secure and will do the job fine.

"who are the targets?" kai asks.

"we've got four targets, the main being a wealthy businessman named stefan rodriguez" caleb says, putting up 4 images on the portable screen we'd brought with us.

"they're all in new york?" the other, river inquires next.

"supposedly" i answer.

"he owns multiple companies including his own, rodriguez&co" jayden informs us as she looks up from the ipad she's clearly been researching on.

"river, kai you two find out where that's based, we'll get a lead on the other men" i say as everyone begins walking around the single table we had in the huge dim lit building—already starting with the task at hand.

"don't order me around" river says narrowing his eyebrows sharply, clearly frustrated with me; he seems very controlling.

"don't think i'm doing it by choice" i say walking past him and patting his broad shoulder, heading towards the computer, set up on a small desk.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he follows suit, aggravated by my comment.

"i don't work well with anyone else other than the people you see around your brother, got it?" i say turning quickly, facing him.

he puts his hands up in defence as he cocks his brow up, "alright, alright. just don't give me orders, we'll have to work this out some other way" he drops his hands, stepping backwards until he was far enough to just walk forward—reaching the table.

i sit at the desk, typing in anything that informs us of a lead, bringing us as close to the other men as possible.

jayden and caleb come over to help, as kai and river begin the search for the main location of the business.

"alexandria sent through some links, try them" caleb says looking down to the ipad he's currently handling.

"will do" i reply, watching multiple files open on the mac in front of me.

"we've got something!" river's deep voice booms from across the warehouse, alerting all of us.

"where?" jayden turns to them.

"albany" kai says grabbing a set of keys from the side.

"let's go"

<3