Chapter 12

It was another one of those boring days where he'd shove his head into the books and intensely focus. Since it was a Friday today, there were fewer people here. Joshua never had plans other than staying home or hanging out with Scooter. 

He couldn't wait to go home and sleep. He wanted to sleep.

Because of a test he took yesterday after hours of studying, he was tired. While trying to do next week's assignment, he couldn't entirely do it.

His hand moved slower and his eyes began to lower. He tried opening his eyes to not lose his concentration but ended up frustrating when he caught himself doing so.

He let his pencil drop and cupped his hand under his chin, sighing.

He didn't do that much yet he wanted the day to end.

I should just go home already, he thought. 

Joshua watched as a girl at a table who just got up, looked at her phone, smiling, and left. From her face, she must be happy for some reason. 

He sat in his chair for a little while doing nothing but as he scanned around the room, he noticed something. Rather, it's someone.

She was standing, looking perplexed as she eyed at the books in front of her. Her hand was up with just a finger suspended in the air. It moved to go from one book to another. 

It seemed to him that she was deciding on what to pick.

She made one of her eyes winced. He thought it was cute. 

Coral wore a long-sleeved white pullover sweater with a striped pattern tucked into her pink pleated skirt and orange plaid. It was a simple choice of design but she pulled that off effortlessly. 

She glanced at the higher top shelf and in her eyes sparkled as she stood on her tiptoe. Reaching for that book that she successfully took, she scanned at the cover. 

It occurred to her that perhaps she'd like to check it out.

Joshua wanted to forget her, he wanted to erase her from his thoughts. He didn't want anything to do with her. If he could stop how he felt for her, he would. It wasn't fair for him to watch her become bright and beautiful. 

There was no chance for him now and there might not be a chance later. Then why couldn't he stop caring? Why couldn't he stop the what ifs and should have? 

It could probably be his tired thoughts that were thinking this way, but even so, that's how he currently felt in his current situation. Sooner or later, he had to give up.

Maybe I should. He contemplated for a second. 

He glanced back at Coral who was absorbed into brief reading the book she held. Just when she finished and closed up the book, her eyes found Joshua. 

He was stunned. He could feel his eyes shot up when she looked his way. 

He didn't know what to do. He thought of looking away, running away, and being never seen again. 

She was across the room and he recognized her brown eyes. He always liked how her eyes held that glimpse of innocence. When she looked with those eyes, it softened and underlined something mysterious. 

The other surrounding melted. 

Staring for more than ten seconds was crazier than he imagined. She thought he was weird, didn't she?

Joshua wondered what would happen if they could actually talk to each other that wasn't just by coincidence or accidental. And something more like fate.

He may never know.

It lasted a few more seconds and then Coral was the first to break it off. She turned her head around and her body faced the other way.

Joshua was heated with embarrassment. I didn't stand a chance.  

He noticed then that she wasn't there anymore. 

Maybe that was a way of telling him that she wasn't interested at all. It didn't surprise him, but it brought down his spirit.

---

It's been forever. I miss these two... I think I find myself closing this story soon but there is still a little bit left of them. And I just like to say 10.4k reads????? That is crazy!!! I never think my story would ever gain that much readers. Thanks guys! Sometimes I'm not sure who is even reading this story because no one really comments on my stories :( So if you're still here please comment "Spring" for me so I know that you're here, you're here reading, and that you're here enjoying the story? 

But thank you to all those adding this to your list and please continue to keep reading until the end.