Chapter 2

"We need a game plan," Scooter told him.

They're at Scooter's house, chillaxing in a dark living room with the tv on and the characters talking in dialogues. The boys were just casually watching some tv programs and earlier they played a new video game of his.

"What game plan?" Joshua questioned.

"You to finally talking to her," Scooter answered, pointing his index finger at him.

Joshua's head jerked back with a questioning look on his face. "You're.. joking.."

Scooter shook his head to convince his confusion. "I'm not. Sorry dude, but... you're doing nothing at this rate."

"I'm fine, anyway," Joshua said, tearing his gaze away.

"Then what do you think is the point of having a crush?" Scooter interrogated, crossing his arms in a stern manner.

"To keep it silently in my head.."

"That's it?"

"Well.. yeah," Joshua silently answered with a shrug.

"If that's all you can do, just quit crushing on her."

Joshua widened his eyes at his comeback. There's no way he could do that. He couldn't stop even if he wanted to. Coral was a girl to him that filled with radiant and blithe. He admired the kind of person that she is and more than just the outside surface.

"I can't," he said.

"I'm not saying you should go all out, but try approaching her. It wouldn't hurt to have a few minute conversation, would it?" Scooter asked, genuinely concerned for his friend's terrible lifestyle of choices.

"I think it would," Joshua replied, his voice sounding hoarse.

Scooter sighed disappointingly. "Have you ever thought about talking to her, at all?" he asked, pensively looking at him.

Joshua nodded his head. "I did, but.. I can't." He threw his hand out like he was throwing the towel in before his body fell back onto the couch with his head rested onto the head cushion.

"A girl like her.. she's too far out of my reach.. a guy like me won't fit her," he said wearily.

"That's because she doesn't know you yet and you don't know what you could have in you," Scooter said, poking at his chest.

"Ow," he uttered softly from Scooter's hard poke, placing a hand over his own chest and rubbing lightly over it.

"So the tips. You could use them and help yourself."

Joshua sighed from his persistent push he's giving him. "Okay fine." He gave in. "Tell me."

Following the next day, Joshua and Scooter were on standby in the distance. They could see Coral in plain sight of view while she had just waved off to her friends.

"Okay, good, she's alone," Scooter noted.

"Remember what I told you yesterday. First, start by being casual and say hi."

"Got it." Joshua nodded.

"Ready?" Scooter asked.

As Scooter was readying to walk with Joshua to Coral to help him out, Joshua hadn't moved from his remaining spot.

"Dude, let's go," he said.

Joshua heard him, but he couldn't move his feet to walk over there. His feet were still as if stuck on the solid surface of the ground.