~*~ Pity and More Lies ~*~

Liza’s POV

It felt so awkward being in the Mikaelson’s seen as no one really knew me yet, and no one really wanted to talk to me yet. As well as that I couldn’t just hide in my room for a couple of days, seen as I didn’t have a door yet meaning that whenever anyone walked past my room (which they did regularly) they could see me and would know that I was kind of mopping.

I had been here for a couple of days, and no one really tried to get to know me at all. It was just kind of weird, seen as usually none of them would leave me alone, whereas now it was as if I had the plague- not that it would affect them if I did.

At the moment I was sat down on my bed reading a book. I didn’t know the title, but it’s old and I had read it too many times, and the storyline had completely lost meaning to me.

Out of nowhere there was a knock on the door frame. I looked up from the book to see Kol stood in the doorway.

“Are you doing anything today?” He asked.

“Nope.”

“Well put some shoes on, I’m taking you out somewhere. You can’t sit here for the rest of your life,” He stated, with no emotion on his face.

I didn’t get a chance to respond before he left my doorway and made his way downstairs. It was helpful to spend more time with them, seen as it meant I was getting closer to getting their memories back, but he was only asking me to go somewhere out of pity. It was sad that the only reason Kol wants to spend time with me, was out of pity but I just wanted to spend time with him.

Quickly I pulled on my shoes and grabbed a cardigan laying it over my handbag, before going down stairs. I didn’t know where we were going but it was better to be safe than sorry.

When I got into the hallway, Kol lead me to his car. I didn’t bother asking him, knowing he wouldn’t tell me, and hopefully he wasn’t ready to murder me at the moment. After a short drive we finally got to the waterfalls that gave Mystic Falls its name.

I had only been here twice, once with Nik on our first date, and once with Kol when he told me that he was the one who turned me into a vampire many years ago. When we pulled up Kol got out getting a picnic basket out of the car.

Once again neither of us talked in the journey, walking up towards the waterfall. He lay down the blanket on the grass before we both sat down there.

“Have you ever been here?” He asked.

“Yeah, once or twice,” I smiled softly.

Please don’t ask me about those times though. I don’t have anything to tell him, I could hardly tell him the truth about when I had actually been here.

He began to un-pack the food in the basket. It was kind of odd in that he thought he had to hide that he is a vampire, seen as he didn’t know that I knew about it. Kol and I had been on so many picnics when I was a vampire, and there were always blood bags and crisps, and that was pretty much it. This time there was crisps, and various other foods and no blood bags- not that blood was at all necessary for me.

“So how are you enjoying living with complete strangers?” He chuckled.

“You all seem nice. A bit odd and weird, but I am so glad you have let me live with you guys, seen as I don’t have anywhere else to go at the moment. So I am very thankful,” I smiled softly.

“You have spent too much time with my brother,” he chuckled.

I realised what he meant. I did kind of sound like Elijah in my thanks for letting me live with them. From living with Elijah for my whole life I had kind of picked up the way Elijah talked, but now that Kol re-met me he obviously saw me more like his brother rather than how I had grown up.

“Elijah is the only one I have kind of spoke to since I have started live with you. I’ve kind of spoken to you and Rebekah, but I haven’t spoken to Klaus at all really,” I shrugged.

It felt so weird calling Nik Klaus. Everyone called him Klaus, and it’d be a bit odd if I called him Nik, when only I and his siblings actually called him that.

“Don’t worry about Klaus, he is anti-social and he will talk to you at some point, but he rarely talks to us, so don’t take it personally,” He chuckled.

It was very true. Nik was anti-social and only really shouted at his siblings rather than actually talking to them and other people.

“So if you don’t mind me asking, but it’s bugged me since I met you. What happened to you the night we found you? Like how did you end up in the street?” He questioned with a pitiful smile.

“I don’t know. I left the hospital in the afternoon, after my fiancé told me that nothing was going to happen between us. I was in tears, and just started to walk away from the hospital. I don’t know where I was planning to go. I don’t really know what happened though. I have no real memory, I just remember crying as I left the hospital, and then I don’t remember anything until I woke up in your living room,” I lied.

I couldn’t really tell him the truth could I? I just kind of made up a general story. It wasn’t too much of a lie, seen as I didn’t know what happened in-between me being in Bonnie’s living room and then being in the Mikaelson’s living room; it was all just a black spot in my memory.

“I’m sorry.”

He actually looked generally sad for me. It was surprising, for Kol to be sad for someone. He did for those he loved, but he didn’t love me at the moment, so I didn’t expect him to feel pity for me but he did, so that was a step forward, towards us being back together.

A/N- This is the second chapter I had written today involving a picnic at a waterfall in Mystic Falls, it’s so repetitive.