~*~ More than Skin Deep ~*~

Bonnie’s POV

Just as expected my doorbell rang at 10 am. It wasn’t as if I expected this all of the time, just I was sure that my rather useless threat would convince her to come back to town. Opening the front door there stood the blond vampire.

“Why did you contact me witch?” She frowned.

“I explained over the phone that I need your help. Please come in,” I smiled trying to be nice to her even though I didn’t like her.

Rebekah Mikaelson was probably my least favourite original vampire. Granted Kol and Klaus were probably worse than her but she couldn’t control her anger. She just killed and was selfish, but at least Klaus’ plans involved the best for more than himself and Kol found his humanity in Liza, whilst Elijah was the sibling with the most morals.

I led Rebekah through to my living room making small talk until Liza arrived. When Liza arrived I took her to the living room, and the two blonds had no idea what they were doing here together.

“What is she doing here?” Rebekah and Liza exclaimed at the same time.

“Quiet okay, I brought Liza back from the dead, and we need your help Rebekah to get Liza back into your brother’s lives. They have no memories of her and she’s a human. Speaking of which what happened; you disappeared during the spell where did you end up?” I explained.

“I ended up in the street outside of their home. Kol and Elijah found me taking me in. I made up a story of my fiancé getting in a car accident on our wedding day, and ending up with amnesia and not giving me another chance to let him fall in love with me again. They bought it, and gave me some of Rebekah’s clothes, and I then told them I’d stay with a friend. I went round Caroline’s this morning, mainly to tell her that I was alive, and then she offered me a place to stay,” Liza stated telling Rebekah and I everything we had missed.

“What am I here for then?” Rebekah frowned.

I do believe I told Rebekah that she was here; as we needed her help to get Liza in the lives of her brothers again. I didn’t say any of that to her, as she would probably kill me and then kill Liza just for the sake of it.

“Your brothers don’t know who Liza is. I am trying to find a loophole for the spell, and I’m getting close but in the meanwhile we need to try and work on getting Liza back into your brother’s lives. You are the only one who remembers her out of your family so you need to convince them to let her back into their lives,” I stated.

“Why would I do that? My brothers hate me, and they’ll kill me if I go back into their lives. And why do I want to help her, I killed her for a reason, she’ll just kill me if they don’t,” Rebekah frowned.

I sighed running a hand through my hair. Did being a vampire lead to hearing issues? I don’t understand why I have to repeat everything to her, and why she can’t just listen to what I say to her the first time.

“I’m presuming they have no reason to hate you seen as they don’t know Liza, or that she died. So they have no reason to hate you or want you dead, although your family is so dysfunctional. And Liza is only human, she is no longer a hunter, it’ll be a lot harder for her to kill you,” I sighed.

“I don’t want you to die Rebekah. I just want your brothers to remember me again. I’m sorry I made you feel excluded but your brothers haven’t been the same since my death, and it isn’t fair to leave them with lost memories,” Liza smiled softly.

“Can you promise that my brothers won’t hunt me?” Rebekah frowned.

“No. You and your brothers have always fought, I can’t promise that is going to stop, but they have no memory of you killing me, as they have no memory of me. They won’t hurt you over me, and if we can get their memories back I will make sure they won’t hurt you. I also promise I won’t hurt you. I am only human now, I have no chance of hurting you Rebekah, and I’ve relied on my vampire powers for too long, I have no strength,” Liza shrugged.

By the looks of it Rebekah was contemplating the choice. Knowing her she’d ask a couple more pointless questions that we had already covered, but if it resulted in her helping Liza then I guess it was worth it, and anyway Liza promised she wouldn’t hurt her, she never said anything about me. I may be the nice one out of all of my friends but when it came to vampires who wronged me or those I cared about then, I would use my powers for bad although technically it was for good.

Surprisingly Rebekah didn’t ask any more questions, and just agreed with helping Liza to get back into her brother’s lives. We didn’t know what would be the easiest way to force Liza into their lives. Although at least two out of three of them knew of her existence, just they certainly didn’t know her the way they did before but at least they knew her and willingly allowed her into their home through pity.

Feeling sorry for her wasn’t how Kol and Elijah saw her before, but it was a start. Klaus would probably be the hardest to get him to like Liza again, seen as he barely liked her anyway, as he hates everyone. I’m sure if he found her in his house he’d probably just kill her. He didn’t really listen to people, or even ask questions to get answers in response he just killed and murdered.

This was going to be a hard job regaining their memories if I could find a spell, if not it’d still be hard to even try and replicate their relationships, seen as they have over 900 years of history.