~*~ Mortem ~*~

A/N- Okay so there is a little bit of Latin through this entire book in the words in the star. I am sorry if they aren’t correct, I googled them, as I have no idea how to speak Latin.

Liza’s POV

I had only been back in my house for one day, and I was already leaving it to find out more about the Stella commemoration and what I needed to do to get their memories back. I definitely wanted it to be sorted out sooner rather than later, as it wasn’t pleasant to have a conversation with someone who you had known for your whole life, but they had absolutely no recollection of you. It just showed how small every person is to the purpose of the world, as they can be swept under the rug so quickly.

Rebekah was originally supposed to come with me to Bonnie’s house but she had disappeared and I had no idea where she was, meaning I just went on my own. When I reached Bonnie’s, she let me into her house and led me to the living room where a large piece of off coloured paper lay on the floor.

“What’s this?” I questioned.

“It’s a piece of paper. We need to draw out the star onto the paper in your blood. Well technically we don’t, we put your blood onto the paper and I then cast a spell which’ll make the blood form a star to link the five points that are written on the paper. Then the spell will be enacted after all five points are cleared,” Bonnie explained.

“Okay, let’s do this,” I sighed taking a seat on the floor putting my hand out for her to cut so my blood could drop onto the paper.

Just what happened next I didn’t expect. As Bonnie run the knife across my palm, a horrendous pain went through me. I forgot I was human and I was now more susceptible to pain, as I didn’t heal quickly.

“Bloody hell,” I hissed putting my other hand in my mouth to bite down on.

“I’m sorry,” she smiled softly guiding my hand over the paper so a pool of my blood built up on the paper.

She handed me a bandage for me to wrap around my hand. I tied the white cloth around my hand tying it up, as the red slowly seeped through it. Whilst I did so, Bonnie hovered her hands over the paper chanting some nonsense. As she did so the blood began to move across the page to fit the shape of a star, with each point leading to each word written on the paper. The words read, Mortem, Diliges, Familiam, Fides and Societatis. I kind of understood what the words meant as I spoke Latin through my human life as my first language, and throughout my vampire life as it went on. But the language had been adapted a bit, but I was kind of sure what they were.

Death, Love, Family, Loyalty and Alliance.

“I really don’t miss the pain of human’s. How do you guys live with this?” I groaned clutching my hand trying not to let the pain overcome me.

As she finished the spell, she smiled, “I’m a witch.”

Suddenly the word ‘Mortem’ lit up, like the actual black ink began to glow a yellowy white colour, before it completely vanished leaving just the blank paper behind.

“What the hell just happened?” I questioned.

“Death disappeared. Maybe because of your death, I guess. It’s not like it’s necessary for the person to die before someone losing their memories. But think about it, at least we don’t have to murder someone, and there is one less point for us to fill,” she shrugged with a smile.

I guess that was a positive. I was a lot weaker that now that I was human and I certainly wasn’t prepared to kill someone in cold blood, especially if I was so weak.

“Okay I guess that’s a bonus. But how do we fill in the four other points. They’re very vague with only one word for each. What do I have to do for them?” I questioned.

“I don’t know Liza. I’m a witch, that doesn’t mean I know everything about these spells. I didn’t even know this one exists. Let’s look, can you speak Latin, mine’s not great?” Bonnie smiled.

“I grew up in Italy when Latin was the sole language. So there are love, family, loyalty and alliance left,” I stated.

She sat in silence for a second. I could tell she was thinking and trying to come up with something that would be remotely helpful, which would be any ideas at all.

“Okay, so love. I guess that’d be trying to get Kol to fall in love with you. It shouldn’t be too hard; if he fell in love with you once then he should fall in love with you again. Okay maybe it won’t be that simple but he may have no memories of you but he should still love you dearly,” She smiled softly.

I hoped that was true. I guess if Kol could love me once, he would still subconsciously know that, and he should fall in love with me again without too much hassle.

“I hope so Bonnie. It took me nine hundred years to confess my love to him and for him to tell me my love isn’t requited, and I don’t have nine hundred years to wait around this time,” I sighed.

“It’ll be okay Liza. Okay so we know what you need to do for love. Well family should be something involving Elijah I think. Like him accepting you again into their family, which shouldn’t be hard, seen as he is so caring and you’re the innocent little girl who needs a family. He’ll want to take care of you so easily,” She smiled.

“Yeah, Elijah seems like he’s an easy target in making him care about me and wanting to take care of me. I think he’ll accept me as family in no time,” I shrugged.

No. He would take a while but it should be a whole lot easier than getting Kol to fall in love with me again.

“Okay, loyalty, so maybe involving Klaus. As you know he is obsessed in keeping people loyal to him. I don’t really know how to make him feel loyalty to you, seen as he hates everyone,” Bonnie sighed.

“Yeah, he’ll probably be the one that’ll need to know I’m loyal to him but it’ll be hard. This sounds like so much work, why couldn’t you witches make it easy?” I frowned.

“I’m sorry,” She chuckled, “okay the last one alliance. I guess each point is for one of you guys, like you had death and then the other four are for the others. So you’re going to have to get Rebekah to help you with these other points, so that could be an alliance I guess,” she shrugged.

I let out a deep sigh. This was going to be a pain in the arse.