Showtime

After double Transfiguration, they went to double Herbology with the Hufflepuffs. Angel found it interesting in only a potions sense. What could she say? She was a potion masters daughter. At least she and Draco were able to pair again.

At lunch she and Draco talked about how excited they were for her dad's class. They knew he wouldn't be giving an easy class just because it was the first day. Anyone that hadn't prepared was done for. The dread of the Gryffs to go to the next class was almost tangible.

She and Draco left when she saw her dad take his leave to ready his classroom. "Let's get to class early, I want to get a good seat for this." She giggled to Draco. He loved when she was like this, it wasn't often he got to see her devious side. They made a quick stop by their rooms to change out their books and were off down the next hallway to Potions.

"Dad, can we come in?" She asked him as they made it to his closed door. It flew open with a flourish, these kids knew him too well to jump however. "In." He said shutting the door behind them. "Pick a table and I'll transfer the chair for you, Angel. Now I must remind you two that there will be no dad or uncle in this classroom, there is only your professor until the bell rings. Am I clear?" They both nodded, having had this explained to them before, it was only fair.

"Now the door will open at 1:55 pm and class will start at 2 pm sharp. I'll be in my office until then. Touch nothing, you two." With that he walked next door to his office. They decided to read the first chapters of their books again to be safe. They knew they would be graded harsher seeing as they were raised with this subject.

As promised the door swung open at 1:55 pm making everyone outside freeze. Realizing the intimidating potions master wasn't on the other side they quickly filed in. No one wanted to be on Professor Snape's bad side. Lucky for them everyone had taken their seats and gotten settled by 2 pm when the door flew open and her dad made his dramatic entrance. The others might criticize his techniques but no other teacher had this classes on time record or level of obedience.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." He had their attention. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making, however,  for select few with the predisposition." He said looking at She and Draco. She gave him a grin loving her dad in action. "I can teach you to bewitch the mind, and ensnare the senses." He continued with a dramatic crossing of his arms. "I can tell  you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

Uh oh, someone had caught her dad's attention. There was always one that didn't take the warnings seriously and made her dad's list on the first day, it was a very long list. "Then again, perhaps some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to Not. Pay. Attention." She couldn't say she was surprised when she saw Potter writing and not seeming to pay attention to her dad's lecture.

He was lucky the girl with the frizzy hair beside him gave him a shove so he brought his attention back to the front. "Mr. Potter, our new celebrity." Every word dripped with distain. "Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" While the question itself wasn't hard it was technically a third year question.

Though the girl next to him seemed to be jumping at the chance to answer. Even Draco looked a bit stunned by the question. She knew the answer but her father hadn't asked the class just Potter. The boy shook his head, "You don't know? Well, let's try again, shall we? Where Mr. Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a Bezoar?" This was pretty common knowledge in the wizarding world, due to accidental poisoning, but she doubted this boy knew the answer.

Draco looked more confident to be back on questions he knew. Why was this girl so desperate to answer questions he wasn't asking her? Potter shook his head, "I don't know,sir." Her dad didn't even stop before asking the next question. "And What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" Potter shook his head, "I don't know, sir." He repeated.

He dad took a mock pitying look, "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything. Is it, Mr. Potter?" The boy had the nerve to snap back at the potions master. "Clearly Hermione knows." He said nodding to the girl beside him. "Seems a pity not to ask her." Oh this boy just earned himself 7 years of wrath, she knew her dad was harsh but if he had read the material he would have known the last two. Even the obvious muggle-born beside him knew them.

Her dad looked stunned at the audacity, Angel couldn't say she was pleased with the way Potter spoke to her dad. He was obviously just like his father. He dad stormed to the front of Potters desk, "Put your hand down you silly girl." Finally she took her hand down. He grabbed a vacant stool and sat down facing Potter.

"For your information Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is know as the draught of the living dead. A bezoar can be found in the stomach of a goat and will cure most poisons." Angel had been taking notes for what her father was going over and elbowed Draco when she saw he wasn't. He too hurriedly copies down her dad's words. "Monkshood and Wolfbane are the same plant and they also go by the name of Aconite."

Her dad paused, "Well?" He said, "Why aren't you all copying this down?!" Angel and Draco laid down their quills having done just that. Her dad walked by checking the writing students, "smart girl." She heard in her head. She gave her dad a smirk. "And Gryffindors, please note that 5 points will be taken, due to your classmates cheek."

Well they didn't look happy about that.