Part 10

BRUCE

Though I've only met Shuri once, we kept in contact. I would occasionally throw her a question, and she'd always answer back with an extremely long hypothesis. Whilst I usually asked her things at least twice a month, she barely asked me two questions, both of which I could only answer hypothetically and with little confidence.
As she explained her approach to saving Peter, I once again was lost for a response. She took an extremely simple idea and threw her insane mind on it to make it work.
'Are you sure I'm the best person for the job?' I ask, as she finishes her explanation.
'Without question.' She replies, 'I might know things, but you learnt them. You told me yourself of all the things you've done - saving people's lives. I understand how but I rarely do. There is little cause for life saving in Wakanda and I'm yet to experience the less privileged world.'
'Alright.' I say, flattered, 'but you stay in the room. Tony stays out. He's too close to Peter.'
'Agreed.' She says, 'I'll set it up, we'll begin in an hour?'
'Works for me.' I say, standing up as she does, but walking away to where Tony sits working.
'Heya Tony.' I say, hovering over him.
'Hey, she finish walking you through it?' Tony asks, putting his pen down.
'Just about.' I say, 'we were thinking you should go look more into the...no, okay, I'm not lying to you. You're too close to Peter. You can't be in the room while we're working.'
He's silent for a moment, looking behind me where Shuri is setting things up.
'Okay.' He says, 'I trust you both.'
'Shuri's bright. This'll work.' I say. He nods, as if convincing himself.
'Yeah.' He says, I know.'