Part 2

TONY

I sit back in my chair for a good ten minutes after we hang up. I was thrown by what he said. I'm surprised enough that he's still willing to talk to me - considering how much I've disrupted his life.
And now he wants to work alongside me. I'm not even sure what he would do.
'Tony, you need to sign these papers.' Pepper comes in.
'What are they?' I ask.
'Deeds to your house, your will. You know, the usual.' She says, putting them in front of me. I don't know why I even asked. Pepper's done everything for me for the last ten years. I'll sign whatever she tells me to.
'Naturally.' I reply. She picks up the papers and starts going through them, and I stand and wrap my arms around her waist. She remains set on her task, 'Random question,' I say, 'do we have any interns?'
'Interns? You mean in the Stark tower?' She asks, putting the papers down on the table and finally paying attention to me.
'Yeah.'
'Not as far as I know. The most interaction we get with students is through your grant scheme.' She says, 'Why?'
'Peter called. He asked if he could make the internship I used as a cover story into a real thing.' I explain, 'and I sort of said yes.'
'Well Tony Stark, look at you.' She says, smiling slightly, 'I think an internship programme would be good. You could start with just tutoring Peter, getting him to help you with odd jobs, maybe once you're used to it you could get other kids in.'
'Other kids?' I ask, sceptical.
'Yes, Tony. Working once with you is enough to set any kids resumé above anyone else's. You've got a reputation and you can help a lot of kids. Besides, you might enjoy it.' She says.
'Let's not get carried away.' I say, kissing her softly on the forehead, 'let's start with Peter.'
'Deal.' She says.