Part 9

SHURI

Tony manages to take the first bit of blood easily, but as Bruce is the one with the most experience with this sort of thing we decided to wait before beginning the procedure.
I insisted that he take more than would normally be allowed, but it's not harmful - whilst it won't be safe for me to travel on my own, or doing anything of high energy for the next few hours, it won't be life threatening.
Tony brings me a selection of high sugar snacks without me even asking him.
'Eat.' He says, 'don't want you fainting on me.'
'Thank you.' I say, helping myself to a biscuit.
'I owe you.' He says, 'this is...it could have been a lot worse. A lot harder.'
'It is my honour.' I say, 'I've read up on you. How you used to make weapons. How you ended that once you saw the corruption.'
'I've done bad things.' He says, looking to the floor, 'I know that.'
'But all you've done since.' I say, 'it's incredible.'
'You're one to talk, how old are you again?'
'Seventeen.' I say.
'Christ.' He says, 'I, for one, am both excited and scared to see what you amount to.'
'Scared?' I ask.
'You'd make one hell of an enemy.' He replies, simple. I laugh slightly.
The day passes fairly quick, and Bruce arrives just as the sun is setting.
The lift opens and I see him and Tony hug quickly, and then talk for a moment. Tony gestures over to me and Bruce looks over.
I wave slightly as Bruce walks towards me.
'Hi.' I say.
'Good to see you again.' Bruce says, shaking my hand, 'so Tony's given me a basic lay out of your plan, but would you mind talking me through the technicalities?'