Mean words

Gumball's father could only let out a sigh of protest as he rose from his knee and slid a heavy hand down his face in exhaustion, watching the inmates stalk out from the identification room and back to their cells, but not before the deranged vampire retaliated and fought the guards hands that tried to pull him from the room, bloodshot orbs piercing menacingly at the glass before he tilted his head up towards the ceiling and began to sniff almost as if he were trying to get drunk off of the smell. 

He was soon yanked from the small room after a third guard joined in with a tightening collar attached to a staff, the item similarily used to catch wild animals. Marshall began to snarl with ferocity as they finally got it around his neck and tightened it, foaming spit flinging in different directions as he yanked his head back and screamed out. "Gumball- Gumball!!"

The guard gave the extended collar another crank causing it to tighten and the skin at Marshall's neck to turn a bruised purple.

With four guards on him now, he was finally outnumbered and eventually gave up, the guards quickly grabbing his arms as they hauled him from the room, ignoring the whimpered out cries and screams of protest. The room now emptied, all that could he heard was the series of curses bellowing off the walls from the immortal man before it eventually faded off into an eerie silence.  

The look of regret was quite visible on the kings face, almost as if he had to force himself to speak these next words. "Bring me that one...please."

"U-Um..I'm sorry sir? I don't think I'm allowed to just hand off a criminal with such an offense..I-it isn't morally correct, your Majesty."

The man was obviously uncomfortable with the thought of even denying the king but he knew he was screwed either way. If he denied him he'd face heavy consequences but if he allowed him he'd lose his job.

Surprisingly, the next person who spoke was not the king but rather Gumball. He remembered that day whenever Marshall had given him some advice, about how he needed to become stronger, that only if he instilled a level of fear into others would he earn respect.

The young boy tripped over his words as he spoke but regardless the sentence sent shivers down the man's and his father's spine.

"I advice you to listen. If not...denying a king of his orders could be seen as treason and you know the punishment for that right? What happens to those that disobey the king."

"G-Gumball!?"

His father was awestruck, never had he ever heard such a threat come from his little boy's mouth. As much as it surprised him, it also made him feel a little proud at the same time. For because of this, he knew he had a chance of holding his own and becoming an alpha, something his father never thought could be a possibility.

"B-But sir...I-..I'll talk to the boss about this, is that alright with you?"

His father went to speak but was soon cut off by the little bubble gum boy barking out a "yes, but please do hurry, we are very busy."

As the detective left, the room was soon filled with a quiet yet intense atmosphere. His father was so perplexed as to what he should say or how he should feel.

He felt so uncomfortable and yet all of those worries soon disappeared as his boy turned around and gave him this angelic smile full of relief.

"Ehe..I really told him didn't I dad?"

The king only smiled back and nodded, extending his calloused hands out towards his son before pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Son..I've never seen you act out in such a way, don't get too big for your boots now, okay? You still are just a prince."