Scaring the Cutie? (rewritten)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SO. I finally got around to updating this, I seriously can't believe some of you stuck with me despite how terrible my writing style was. Thank you all and I hope you like the changes I've made <3  (:

"Oh Gumball what did you get yourself into" bubba muttered to himself as he stared at the clock. It's almost time for the party.

Gumball hummed anxiously as he began to get dressed, slipping one of his favorite knitted sweaters on clumsily over his head, it's fabric a light blue and in the center, a cute patched design of  a kitten plastered right over his chest. Not caring about the rest, cuz how exciting could pants be? He simply hopped into a pair of loose jean shorts that hugged just a little bit against his bottom, cute hearts embroidered into his back pockets, on his feet his same old trusty pair of white converse. And last but not least, buckling  around his waist, his light pink bejeweled fanny pack....just for emergency's you know?

 after getting dressed he finished packing his bag, filling it with extra clothes, a simple pair of gym shorts and sweatshirt, his tooth brush, children's cotton candy tooth paste and last but not least his stuffed bunny plushie. 

"Oh my glob, to think I almost forgot you, jellybean!" he muttered underneath his breath with embarrassment as he gave the little bunny plush a nice smooch on the nose before tucking him back into his bag, sneakily covering it with some of his night clothes. 

Ready to go, his nimble fingers finally took hold of his doorknob, simply holding it as he wavered and listened for others who may be near by. 

Only silence.

Well, guess now is as good as he'll ever be, so with mustered strength, he turned his doorknob and jetted out from his room and down the hall, never once looking back.

It was night and he still couldn't believe he actually mustered the courage to sneak outside and rebel against his father, he felt guilty truthfully, this sickening sweet feeling pooling in his gut, he couldn't decide if it felt good or if he wanted to cry but his body felt like electric jolts of adrenaline. 

So this is what it's like to be a normal boy...

 thankfully he never forgot to take his flashlight with him, as he exit the castle's door, a shiver ran down his spine as he gazed over at the nightosphere woods, for a moment he considered turning back and hiding under his covers, even if it meant being picked on by the bigger boys.

 Deciding that was in no way an option, he turned on his flashlight, temporarily blinding himself as he looked into it, causing him to let out a gasp and turn his head away, blinking continuously as he stumbled down the stairs to get out of sight. 

Glob he was already making a racket...he was a terrible spy.

When Gumball's eyes finally came to, he gulped as he noticed just how far he had stumbled away, finally reaching the forests brush.

Yep. He was definitely no spy and definitely no rebellious teen, deciding enough was enough he finally turned his back towards the forest, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks from the sure frustration of how cowardice he truly was, and how he was going to miss out on Marshall's party because of it. 

Gumball was basically full blown crying at this point as he played scenarios in his head of how fun it was going to be without him but there was no way he could go. He couldn't go on his own and there's no way his father would let him...even with a guard.

Attempting one more time, his small fingers gripped tightly around his backpack strap as he trudged further in, his eyes scanning around him with anxiety as he pictured all the little monsters that could be stalking him.