Chapter Fourteen-Shameful

***

Craig sighed.

"Bob, where's Linda?".

"She's attacking the zones".

"What!".

"The Zones. The co-ed team are determined to make every sorority and fraternity to comply to the new way of thinking".

"Isn't that a psychological aspect of nihlistic behavior".

"Yes".

"Let's take a raincheck on this talk".

"Fine".

***

Linda noticed Craig by the park bench.

"Hi!", she said.

"You left me".

"I had a lot of sorority matters to deal with. It was important to deal with the shit that Ellery did. And the other Junior Popularity Rulers".

"And you left me to deal with the news that there's a co-ed rebellion in the schools. And there's a fine line between love and war".

"War is war".

"And you seem to destroy my feelings for you, Linda. That you want to ruin things because you're like Natalie, Ivy, Andrea...and Shelby".

"It's...".

***

"No, I...".

"You're a piece of work".

"I don't have to deal with you".

"You're going to leave me".

"I have my reasons. You haven't loved me; you have used me. I won't be used; I will never be used. I don't give a damn about why you picked me; I don't care. But you're a Super-Uber bitch. And, for me, I will extricate myself from you".

"That is a major mistake...".

"Sorry. But you're blind to the truth. Who are your true friends? Who does care about your music, your writing, your parents, your brother, your sisters, your friends? Who wants to care about how we live? The answer is easy: you make choices to live your life...

..."I, in turn, will find a girl who loves me".

"But I love you".

"Do you?".

"Yes!".

"Make your choice Linda. Choice me...or them".

"Them", Linda said.

And she walked away from her boyfriend, as his heart broke in two.

***

Page 15.