Chapter Five-UnPopular Rulers

***

Part Four

"You piece of shit, I told you not to tell me everything is gone to hell. I mean for...I do know what's going to happen", Tom said.

"Do you, Tom?", Brad smiled.

"Yes. Can't you decide what's next?".

"We shoot someone".

"No! I do feel we're off the track".

"Excuse me, but we're not going to...".

"Listen! You're not getting any skirts at Delta Delta Delta house. I do have on excellent sources that they're gay".

"No way!".

"If you want some girls, go to Zeta Zeta Zeta house".

"They're nerds, dude; they're nerds".

"Because you're in good luck, there's a list of girls for you".

"A list".

"It's not brain surgery, Brad; it's girls".

"I know that".

"Good, because you're under pressure to excel. I hate to see other frat boys be sprayed with jello; I hate to see us losing to them".

"Don't fret, Brad. Time is of an urgent matter. Now, please piss off before I finish my cigarette". He stared at Tom DeAwsger, the President of Chi Beta Beta fraternity house, then nodded. And, conceding defeat, walked out of the mahogany double doors, and was determined to do his job. Because, if he failed, he was in deep trouble.

***

Brad walked towards the new front entrance.

Other students were looking around in a daze.

This is insane; this is very insane, he thought to himself. Some of the nerds were giving lectures on dormitory safety with their Resident Assistant John Mapeler.

"No, don't do that! I told you not to make things worse. Everyone is going to treat us better. Besides, we're the Popularity Rulers of now".

"Are you sure?", Travis Mager said.

"Yes".

"Really sure?".

"Yes!".

"Good, because you're not here for looks; you're here for education. Besides, it is one year to hope that you will go forward, not backward".

"No way".

"Now, it's time to take charge. Do anyone have any girls to date?".

"No".

"Why not?".

"Because they're after the jocks. And football players. And Ice Hockey players. And everyone who's 300 to 500 pounds".

"You can't play at 500 pounds. You'd have to be through the bedroom window Jerry Springer-style on TV".

"Yeah, and the point is?".

"The point is...Exercise, do the correct things, and don't ruin us".

"We won't!".

***

Brad smoked a cigarette.

"Hey guys, what's the matter?".

"Nothing".

"Nothing. You can't have a sense of power without kicking the other fraternities' asses. Don't get me wrong, I am glad everyone is happy. But  to have real power, you have to enforce the Code. And that's the right way to progress".