Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Ellie's pov

School had finished quickly as I gathered up with Caitlin so we could get ready for Volleyball.

That's right I am playing Volleyball.

Caitlin dressed in a black volleyball outfit, black skull socks, blank spandex and an black shirt that read in white, ' North-star High Volleyball Team.' on the back it had her number 3 while I had 16 and my back.

After volleyball practice Caitlin grabbed her black bag with white straps bag and I held up a mirror for her so she could put her (new) lip ring back in.

• • •

Caitlin's pov

My dad had said I needed to do a sport, so I did. I did Volleyball while Dominic tried Football. Nico, Bianca and I walked into the living room and turned on the tv.

My dad and Nico's step mom were gone for a meeting, til 7:30pm. I called Ellie and told her and Cannon could come over, Josh was with Bianca. I sat down in my room while Bianca laid on the blow up mattress, Nico was laying downstairs on the couch, he said "He refused to listen to all the things Dominic and his new girlfriend did." I walked downstairs and into the living room where Nico was sleeping. I laid down next to Nico and placed my head on his shoulder.

"You know Bianca used to teach Dominic about his powers, but once he broke up with her she stopped and now Dominic says he forgot how to call the dead and shadow transfer." Nico said.

"Yeah, everything with him goes in one ear and out the other, but at least your gonna teach me." I said smiling

"Yeah that should be fun." He smiled back wrapping his arms around me.

• • •

I stepped out of the shower and slipped on some blue shorts with a blue T-shirt. Nico walked into my room and smiled, "Ready?" He asked.

"As I'll ever be." I said softly following him downstairs.

"Okay," he sighed, "Shadow Traveling is first."

I nodded. "Can you travel to school and retrieve my homework for me?"

"I guess." I said shadow traveling to school.

I sighed, it was a Sunday so I didn't have to worry about being caught by anyone. I walked down the hallways as I came up to Nico's locker.

He never has it locked.

I opened his locker as I grabbed out his math book which held his unfinished math homework. I shut his locker as I shadow traveled back home.

Handing him his homework he smiled, "Excellent." He said.

"Bianca said Dominic had troubles mastering his shadow travel, it made him really weak doing it, what about you." Nico asked.

"It's simple for me doesn't drain me, I'm not sure what his problem is." I said.

"Now do you have any clue what reversing is?" Nico asked looking at me.

I remember reading that reverse was the undoing of something.

"Restoring something to its original value?" Nico smiled again.

"Close, say your math book caught on fire and you need to reverse what had happened or undo it, although it only works temporary for 24 hours only."

"You know my math book mysteriously catching on fire isn't a horrible thing."

"That's not really the point, the point is can you do this or not." I shook my head.

"I've never even heard of reversing, like how is it done?"

"You wave your hand over the main part of the math book, say the middle and concentrate real hard on how you saw it originally and it should turn back."

"Sounds hard." Nico sat his math book down on the table and sat on the couch.

"It's actually the easiest ability you have besides shadow traveling." I sat down next to Nico as I sighed.

"Alright I'll try it." Nico smiled as he closed his eyes and waved his right hand over his math book slowly I watched as it turned into a crumpled up burned piece of trash.

"How'd you do that?" I asked curiously.

"Later." He said grabbing my right hand.

"Try." I sighed as I closed my eyes and slowly ran my hand across the math book thinking of how I saw it a few minutes ago.

I opened my eyes to see the burnt math book in its same shape.

"Try again, think harder of all the details." Nodding I closed my eyes slowly bringing my right hand across it again.

I opened my eyes to see the math book half in its original shape half in its burnt shape.

"This is useless, I'm never going to get it."

"You almost had it just think harder okay? It starts out hard but gets easier as it goes I promise."

"Alright." Nico ran his left hand over the book I watched as his eyes glowed white as he burnt the math book again.

"Remember to always close your eyes, if they're open people will start to question you." I wondered if he was speaking from experience or just common sense.

I closed my eyes as I ran my right hand over the math book.

"Concentrate." Nico's voice said.

I opened my eyes to see the math book in its original shape. I smiled.

"Nico! I did it!" He smiled.

"See I told you you had it in you, You wouldn't believe how well Dominic is at this, this is all he can do."