35

My eyes stared blankly at the road in front of us from the front seat. Despite my cold demeanor, inside I was on the verge of screaming. It wasn't right to let Daryl leave.

He deserved to be part of this group and I think I deserved to be there with him. After all the crap I've endured, it's not fair that he gets taken away from me. Rick glanced at me from the corner of his eye and he looked like he was holding back from speaking.

We both knew that leaving Daryl was a mistake, but he hadn't grown close to him in the way that I did. All these months, I've been trying to learn what it's like to be with someone who I care about and who cares about me.

It all feels like a joke now. Was there even a reason for it if he was always bound to just leave? I was so close to accepting his offer of being in an actual relationship.

After having to leave him behind, all the doubts I had had vanished. Now it's more clear than ever that I could never be what he wanted me to be.

The car stopped after we encountered another vehicle in the middle of the road blocking our way. As we exited, Glenn went to open the car to try and start it but a walker lunged at him from the inside. Rick pulled out his gun as I stepped closer ready to help.

Glenn refused our help and proceeded to bash the walker's head with his foot. A frown etched itself onto my face as he didn't stop for a while and he was breathing heavily.

Whatever happened to him and Maggie with the Governor must've been worse than it seemed. He was obviously upset and frustrated which made me wonder why I wasn't. Maybe years of abuse get you used to dangerous situations.

"You didn't kill him." Glenn spoke up.

"That's not why we went back." Rick said.

"No, that's right. You went back for Daryl. And now he's gone again and the Governor is still alive." Glenn said.

Glenn was never the bloodthirsty type before. I glanced at Maggie and noticed she seemed upset as well. The Governor must've hurt her if Glenn is resolving to murder.

The two lovebirds are willing to die and kill for each other, that much is clear.

"Daryl was the priority."

"I should've been there."

"You were in no condition."

"But my girlfriend was?!"

Their arguing filled the air as I heard groans from a distance. I turned around and saw a lone walker in the woods. It was being attracted by the noise of Rick and Glenn fighting. I bit my lip waiting for it to get closer before doing anything.

"Glenn, this isn't about us." Maggie retorted.

Glenn repeated that he should have been there to which Rick protested saying that he could barely even walk. Maggie was brought into the conversation as Glenn questioned Rick if he knew what the Governor did to her.

All Maggie wanted to do was to be left out of it. I glanced at Dakota still sitting in the car.

"After all that effort, all the risk we took, Daryl just takes off with Merle? How are both of you fine with that?" Glenn asked.