33

"Rick, how did you find us?" Maggie asked.

Daryl checked the room before coming over to me. A frown formed on his face as he touched the bruise on my face. I knew my face was going to be full of bruises and cuts tomorrow.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He kissed my forehead while no one was looking. Well, no one except for Dakota. The surprise on her face almost made me want to laugh.

"How bad is he hurt?" Rick asked.

"I'll be alright." Glenn said.

Rick looked at me seeing the slight damage to my face for the first time. I waved my hand in dismissal as the injuries weren't that bad.

It was the first time that he looked me in the eyes since that day in the prison. But he also noticed Daryl holding my hand and he quickly looked away.

"Where's that woman?" Maggie demanded to know.

"She was right behind us." Rick said while looking through the window.

Some dark skinned woman with dreadlocks and a samurai sword was helping us escape. I haven't seen her before which means she must be a new addition.

In our cases, that never ends well for us. She could have been leading us on and working with the Governor. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

"Maybe she was a spy." Oscar suggested.

"Want me to go look for her?" Daryl asked.

I shook my head in disagreement as I glanced at Dakota. She has got a lot of explaining to do. If Daryl finds out Merle is here, we'll never get to safety so I can't be the one to tell him.

After we regroup, I'll make sure he knows but right now it might make him a liability.

"There's no time. We need to get out of here. She can save her own ass." I argued.

Rick came to me and I let go of Daryl's hand. He went to hand me a gun yet I showed him my gun. Well technically his.

It was pure luck that Dakota was able to snatch it. Hell, I don't think she realized which one she took. He nodded and went back to Glenn.

"Daryl, this was Merle. It was, he did this." Glenn stated.

"You saw him?" Rick asked.

"Face to face. He threw a walker at me, he was gonna execute us." Glenn explained.

An irritated sigh left my lips as I put my hand on Daryl's shoulder. They shouldn't have put this on him right now. He needs a clear head, we all do and finding this out isn't helping.

Maybe if I wasn't so obsessed with finding Dakota, I would've been more focused and we wouldn't have been kidnapped. That kind of lack of perspective is what got us here in the first place.

"So my brother's this Governor?" Daryl asked.

He isn't far from it. This Governor and him act pretty much the same way. Pathetic assholes who hide behind their guns and power.