34

Anger cursed through my veins as I inhaled deeply. First Daryl tells us to leave him for dead and then Rick actually listens to him. What a bunch of morons.

It wouldn't be that bad if Rick had let me go after Daryl, but the prick decided to make that decision for me.

We were currently crouched behind some bushes and a wrecked car as we waited to see if Daryl would be able to get out of Woodbury. Although he's more than capable of surviving, these people have enough power to contain ten of him.

I was very close to having a very long fight with Rick about him dragging me back, but our safety was the priority.

There was a rustle behind us and we turned to see a dark skinned woman appearing. It was the samurai woman but she looked as if though she had her ass handed to her.

"Where in the hell were you? Put your hands up. Turn around. Get what you came for?" Rick asked.

It wasn't until he had disarmed her that he asked her about her goal in this whole rescue operation. My eyes were drawn to her sword.

There was something that looked powerful about it. Dakota stood next to me as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Where are the rest of your people?" She asked.

"They got Oscar." Glenn replied.

Dakota and the woman's eyes met. A flash of recognition went over the two's face. None seemed too pleased to see the other.

The woman obviously isn't a fan of anyone from Woodbury and Dakota technically is a resident. Despite her aid in our escape.

"Daryl was in there. Did you see him escape?" I demanded to know.

The woman glanced at me and I saw the bruises slowly forming on her face. Something tells me that I wasn't the only one who encountered the Governor today.

She had it worse than me but wasn't complaining. My head was already screaming 'stranger danger', but everyone else seemed more or less calm so I tried to keep it in check.

"If anything happens to him-" Rick was cut off by the woman.

"I brought you here to save them." She argued.

It was difficult to focus on what she was saying because I saw her shaking her head before Rick interrupted her. She hadn't seen Daryl which means he was still in there.

Dakota noticed my distress and put her hand on my shoulder. I shook it off not wanting her comfort. I haven't had it for months and I don't need it now.

"Thanks for the help." Rick said.

"You'll need help to get them back to the prison or to go back in there for Daryl. Either way, you need me." She replied.

Rick stared at her trying to decide what to do. Personally, I was against her joining us on this mission to save Daryl but she did have a point. We did need her to a certain point. Her and Dakota know Woodbury, how to get in and out.

"She's right. Rick, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. But I hope you can believe me when I say that we need Michonne if we're going back for Daryl." Dakota spoke up.