Chapter 43: Old Friend

General Narration

On board the Nemisis

Megatron: "Starscream report."

Starscream: "It seems something has entered this planets atmosphere."

Megatron: "What would that be

Starscream was about to answer but was intercepted by Airachnid.

Airachnid: "A cybertronion air craft love. It appears to be autobot."

Starscream: "Eh-What she said."

Starscream said in complete annoyance. He grumbled and turned his attention back to the moniters.

Megatron: "Hello dearest. You came out of nowhere."

Airachnid: "You know my style. I work in the shadows."

Megatron: "Touché. Starscream send troopers to investigate. And destroy this new autobot."

Starscream: "Yes my lord."

Autobot HQ

It has been a week since Optimus's recovery. Everyone had kept a close eye on him. Except one he didn't seem to notice. Rosemary sat in her room after that day. She couldn't get the memory out of her processor. The sound of the sword going through a body, the feeling of fresh energon on her faceplate, the horrified gasps others gave. She closed her eyes and the memory replayed in her head, refusing to leave her alone. She pulled her legs up close to her chest and burried her helm in between her legs as tears slid down her cheeks.

Main Foyer/ Main Room

Optimus stood at the moniters typing away as his optics scanned the screen. Shadow was sorting data tablets when she turned to look at her sparkmate. She shook her helm and continued what she was doing. Ratchet was working on improving the ground bridge drilling, measuring, and pounding in things. Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee were out with their charges having fun, though it seemed quite odd for their age. Smokescreen was recharging for a bit as he dreamt away. Bandit and War Path were training Orion, Bluestreak, Wing-Blade, while Lithium had just begun her training at the age of 12 in cybertronion years, while being only two in human years. Night Bird, BloodClaw, and Razor-Blade were out on a mission. Back in the main foyer The silence had been broken when Optimus spoke, wondering about his daughter

Optimus: "Shadow have you seen Rosemary?"

Shadow stopped what she was doing and faced Optimus with a puzzled look. She pondered a minute and then answered.

Shadow: "I think she's in her room."

Optimus: "How long has she been there?"

Shadow placed a digit on her chin then crossed her arms over her chest.

Shadow: "Come to think of it, it's been about a week. It's like she's isolated herself in there."

Optimus: "Why?"

Shadow: "Beats me."

Optimus pondered a bit and sighed. He stepped away from the moniters and head into the hallway which led to the berthrooms. He passed the older bot's rooms and finally came to the youngling section. He stopped in front of Rosemary's door and opened it. She didn't notice or hear a thing as she sobbed, helm burried in her legs as she sat on her berth. Optimus face turned from curious to concern. He walked up to her and grasped her servo in his. She flinched as she looked up at her father with teary eyes. As soon as she saw him she hugged him tightly and sobbed even more on his shoulder. Her body shook violently in Optimus's arms. Optimus didn't say anything but held her tightly. She murmured something to Optimus between the sobs.