Chapter 8: A Beautiful World

Shadow: "Come with me. I want to show you something."

I transformed and signaled Optimus to follow me. We drove away from the base and went the other direction. I came up to a hill side and transformed. Optimus transformed coming up behind me.

Optimus: "Shadow why have we stopped here? What is it that you would like to show me?"

Shadow: "Optimus close your optics."

Optimus: "I dont understand."

Shadow: "Trust me."

I gave a trustworthy smile to him

Optimus P.O.V

I sighed and closed my optics as Shadow instructed me to do. I felt her servos grasp mine as she lead me to the top of the hill

Optimus: "Can I open my optics now?"

Shadow: "Alright now."

As I opened my optics I couldn't belive what I saw. I saw the beauty of this planet and the chances it had to offer for a new life on a new home. I saw the bright lights, the live sounds, and the beauty it contained.

Shadow P.O.V

I saw Optimus ' optics widend as I showed him the beauty of my world. He was astonished of the sight. It made me smile as my spark warmed up to see his reaction

Optimus: "Your world is so.......beautiful Shadow. Just like you."

My optics widend as I heard those words come out of his mouth "beautiful just like you." I couldn't belive what he said. I looked at him with a suprised look.

Shadow: "What?"

Optimus: "You are beautiful."

He grabbed my servo and placed a kiss on it. After he did he pulled me closer to him. I didn't fight it. He held my face plate inches away from his, our optics locked in place as we got closer. He planted a passionate kiss upon my lips. At the time I was still in disbelief, but then I came to give in his kiss. He pulled away slowly and looked at me and saw that I was in disbelief

Optimus: "I apologize Shadow it will not happen again."

Optimus P.O.V

As I turned around with shame, I felt Shadow grasp my wrist. I looked back and saw her emotions upon her faceplate. She said nothing as she pulled me to her and whispered

Shadow: "You dont have to apologize Optimus...........because I love you."

My optics widend to hear her say those words. She stroke the side of my faceplate and I turned to kiss her palm. She pulled me closer, and in return she kissed my lips more passionate then I could ever show. I relized I had kept the promise I made to Elita years ago. I pulled away and whispered back.

Optimus: "I love you too Shadow with all my spark."

Shadow P.O.V

After the kiss, I finally relized my place in this world, my goal was to keep the autobots safe and in return they'd do the same for me. I also relized I wanted by Optimus' side for however we have together.

I thought to myself as my spark raced against all odds."All this time I have wanted to feel safe either on my own or in the arms of someone who deeply cares for me!" But there was still one question that I had been asking myself since I meet the autobots.

Shadow: "Optimus?"

Optimus: "Yes Shadow Star?"

Shadow: "Why did you bring me to the autobots when you found me? I mean I appreciate it, but most aliens would've just left me there to die!"

Optimus: "I do not abandoned those in need. Even if it is a human."

Optimus had spooken his answer with sincere thruth. I knew because I saw the truth in his optics. They were full of it. It made me smile.

Shadow: "I cant believe you beat me in the race."

Optimus: "I am a Prime after all."

Shadow: "That doesn't mean anything Optimus just because your a Prime doesn't necessarily mean your faster."

Optimus: "I suppose it doesn't."

The comfortable silence was interrupted as Ratchet came over the com link.

Ratchet: "Optimus, Shadow Star, do you read?"

Optimus: "Loud and clear old friend. Is there an issue?"

Ratchet: " The autobots are in battle with decepticons. They need back-up!"

Shadow: "Where?"

Ratchet: "5 clicks north of your position. Go now!"

Optimus: "We are on our way."

We both transformed and made our way to battle. I was excited because it was my first battle and I couldn't wait until I put some dents in the cons. I drove at the exact same speed Optimus did rushing towards our team mates.

We had finally arrived at the coordinates Ratchet provided, but when we arrived it was the most horrible sight I've ever seen. The autobots were out numbered and falling fast. I felt my eyes flare from the anger seeing my comrades beginning to weaken.

Optimus: "Shadow attack now."

Shadow: "You dont even have to say it."

I charged with all my might at any vehicon I saw in sight.

???: "Optimus it's so nice of you to show up I was worried I would never have the chance to repay you for humiliating me.

Optimus P.O.V

I heard the familiar voice of the mech I fought alongside so many eons ago. The one I knew too well. The one that changed my life.

Optimus: "Megatron!"

Megatron: "I see you have reunited with your autobots and thatyou have a new recruit!"

Optimus: "That thankfully is none of your concern."

Shadow P.O.V

I watched as Optimus and Megatron battled once more in a long time that I had presumed. Then I immediately turn my gaze to my autobot brethren, as they needed assistance. Then I saw one of my comrades go down.

???: "AAAAHHHHHHHH

Shadow: "JAZZ NNNOOOOOOO!!!"

I saw Jazz go down right in front of me. I ran to him shooting more decepticons as they tried to approached him. Then all of a sudden something snapped inside of me.