Cheater!Touko x Reader

this one shot is rlly fucking stupid and i wrote it when i was 12 but y'all knew what u were getting into😐

"G-Good morning, (Y/N)."

You peeled your eyes open and saw your girlfriend Touko Fukawa hovering over you.

"Hey," you groaned, covering your eyes with your arm as she opened the blinds. Light penetrated the room.

It was really nice living with her, well, until she sneezed. She was a really good roommate (and girlfriend). She did the fair share, doing laundry, cooking, etc., as did you.

She'd just...

Been acting weird lately.

She rarely came home anymore.

Well, she did, but it was usually late, like past midnight. She'd claim that it was her work, but it seemed kinda sketchy. If you tried to talk to her about it, she got upset.

"Where were you last night? I was waiting for you to come home," you said, still covering your eyes.

"S-Sorry, (Y/N), I-I was w-working l-late shifts. I-I'm trying to raise e-extra money so you a-and I can go on a-a nice v-vacation or s-something," she replied in a soft tone.

"I'd rather cuddle all night than you leaving from seven in the morning and getting back God knows when," you said, impatience growing in your voice. "I miss you. Why can't everything just be like it used to?"

She stormed angrily out of the room. You wanted to go after her so badly, but you guessed that she needed her space. You really hoped things would get better with Touko and you.

You heard a bunch of shuffling from the other room, and you guessed that Touko was moving furniture or something. You went into the kitchen to make coffee, but you just stood in front of the coffee machine thinking about everything that had happened lately.

"I-I'm going out to w-work again. B-Bye, (Y-Y/N)." you heard Touko say with your back turned. You nearly dropped your coffee.

Why was Touko going back on a weekend?

"Y-You're going to work again? Why?" you stuttered, setting your coffee down on the table.

"I-I just need a b-break from you, (Y-Y/N). Bye," she finally said before waving sarcastically and leaving.

You fell into your chair in disappointment.

Did she leave... because of me? you thought to yourself, puzzled. Has she been leaving because of me this whole time? I could've talked about it with Toko, but like a dumbass, I let her slip through my fingers.

You got dressed and headed to Toko's workplace. Constantly hiding behind people, you moved around a lot so that she wouldn't see you or notice you. But everywhere you looked, you didn't see her. You saw her manager and went up to him.

"Hey, have you um... have you seen Toko Fukawa? She told me she was working an extra shift today," you told him.

"She actually hasn't been here at all today," he replied. "But thanks for checking in, (Y/N)."