Cold!Toko x Reader: Summer One-Shot

You wake up to the nice warm breeze flowing through your slightly open window. Your eyes widen.

Warm?

You quickly jump off of your bed and look outside. It's sunny! And hot outside! You always loved summer, it made you feel happy with all the sun and the people having fun outside or at the beach (I don't care if you love it or not mf). You get so excited that you run back over to the bed and jump on your girlfriend, who was under the covers shivering.

"Hey, hey, hey, Toko wake up!" you yell, shaking her. "It's so hot outside! Wanna come see? Or feel? I dunno."

She was shivering so much that she could hardly talk.

"I-It's... f-freezing.." she says between her chattering teeth. You furrow your eyebrows at her.

"What are you talking about? It's so nice out! Now come on, you have to-" you pull all of the covers off of her, resulting in her screaming super loud, so loud that you had to cover your ears.

"(Y-Y/N), put them back! I-I'm c-c-cold!" she yells. You stay still.

"You're not getting warmth unless it's from me," you grumble. "So, let me cuddle you until you get warm enough! It's not even cold, Toko, but I'm willing to get heatstroke for you."

"O-Okay, f-f-fine..."

After cuddling with her for a few minutes you already felt like you were going to die.

"It's hot in here!" you complain, pulling away from her and sitting up. "Why are you so cold all the time?!"

"I-If you really want to c-cool down then g-give me the b-b-blankets!" Toko yells.

"No! We're going to the beach today, whether you like it or not. I'm not going to let you just stay inside on this beautiful day, I want you to have fun! Please?"

"F-Fine."

-

When the both of you got to the beach, it was around 3 P.M.

"Toko, do you have the sunscreen?" you ask, sitting down on one of those beach chairs you get at a furniture store.

"Y-Yeah," she tosses it to you.

"Good, we're going to need it after we change," you smile. "Changing rooms, here we come! Bring your stuff, Toko!"

You both change into your swimwear. You were wearing a f/c bikini that didn't cover much, but it was fine.

"H-Hey, (Y-Y/N) I'm d-done," you turn around and watch Toko step out of the changing room. She wore a black and white bikini which perfectly complimented her slim figure, her byzantium-colored hair pulled up into a messy bun.

"You look hot," you blurt out. Her face starts to turn red.

"S-Stop it, (Y-Y/N)..!" she complains. "I-I'm so.. c-cold.."

"But at least you look hot," you say again. She glares at you. "Er, I mean, it's okay. Here."

You take your dry towel, wrapping it around her. She sighs in relief.

"Better?" you smile. She nods although still shivering. You take her hand and lead her back to where you had placed your stuff on the sand.

"You know we were getting stares from literally every person here?" you ask, sitting down.

"W-Well you shouldn't... h-have brought me.. h-here... anyway..!" Toko shivers.

You grab the sunscreen and squeeze some into the palm of your hand. You rub it into your arms, legs, torso, etc. Without saying anything, you squeeze some more sunscreen onto your hand and start to rub down Toko's legs with it.

"You're going to get a sunburn!" you laugh, sounding like a mom. "You're no fun, Toko. You're always cold."

"W-Well, I-I'm s-sorry!" she shivers, blushing at the same time. "T-That's just how I-I am..."

"Whatever. Give me your arm," you say, grabbing her arms and lathering sunscreen on them. "Want to go in the water? It's supposed to be warm."

She looks at you as if you were crazy.

"Well, I didn't bring bathing suits if we weren't going to swim, right?" you chuckle. You stand up before hugging her. "Can you take the towel off, Toko? Or are you still too cold?"

She slowly takes it off with no words, and surprisingly she got used to the "cold." She was still shivering a little, but it was better than nothing. You smile widely.

"Yay! You did it!" you cry with delight, nearly jumping up and down. Toko smiles a little. You take her hand and the two of you go down to the water.

"It's warm, Toko! C'mon, get in!" you yell. Toko stood far off in the sand, refusing to get in.

"Please?" you beg. She walks over to the shore and steps into the area with the least water in it.

"T-The water's o-okay," she shivers. "B-But I'm s-still c-cold!"

You walk nearer to her and sit down next to where she was standing, in the water but in the shallow end. She looks down at you with confusion.

"Are you gonna sit down with me or stand there shivering like an idiot?" you ask, looking up at her. Her cheeks turn a tinge of pink but she agrees to sit down in the water with you.

You sit in silence before you decide to break it.

"Hey..." you say quietly. "I'm sorry for dragging you here... I just wanted to have fun with you all day. I shouldn't have brought you here against your will."

"(Y-Y/N), d-don't worry about it!" Toko giggles. "I... I r-really had a l-lot of f-fun with you t-today! Y-You're the best g-girlfriend I could ever h-have and I don't d-deserve you.."

"No, I don't deserve you!" you laugh, pulling her in and hugging her tightly. You start to laugh and joke with each other.

"I love you," you both say to each other as you watch the sun set.

5/25/19

reedited; 7/12/21