Hostage!Toko x Hostage!Reader

(angst/tw: mention of guns and blood)

It was that night.

That goddamn cursed night.

You and Toko were playing cards upstairs, not knowing the horrors that were ahead of you.

"A-Aw, (Y/N)! Y-You beat me again..." Toko whined throwing her cards on the table. You started to laugh, but then you both heard someone break in from downstairs. The front door had swung open and you heard heavy footsteps before hearing things breaking and crashing downstairs.

"(Y-Y-Y/N)..?" Toko whimpered, an expression of complete horror on her face. You'd never seen her so scared... ever. "W-Who just-"

You covered her mouth, turned off the lights, and hurried her into the closet, telling her to be as quiet as possible. She was terrified. Tears ran down her face, and she was crying silently.

"D-Did you b-bring a phone?" Toko whispered between her sobs. "T-To c-call the police?"

Shit.

You had been in such a hurry to hide that you had forgotten to bring the one thing that could possibly save you.

Your phone was downstairs anyway, so it was hopeless.

"No," you gulped, making her cry more. "I'm sorry."

The footsteps got closer and closer to the room you're in until they were actually inside.

Toko started to panic more because of the footsteps becoming closer to the closet. You literally had to cover her mouth to suppress her whines.

Suddenly the door to the closet opened. Two men in black clothes and ski masks looked down at you from the door. They held guns in their hands.

"Found ya," one of the men snarled.

The last thing you remembered after that was getting a bag pulled over your head.

-

You woke up in a cellar-like room.

It was way too bright in the room for your eyes to adjust immediately, so you let them stay closed for a little bit.

It was cold, and you were feeling miserable.

Where was Toko?

Upon hearing grunting and crying next to you, you forced your eyes open.

This was your... basement.

You still had to squint a little, but Toko was on the floor getting beaten up by the kidnappers on the other side of the room. She didn't even have a chance to do anything, with her hands tied behind her back. Her blood-stained glasses lay next to you.

You tried so hard to move, but you were bound really tightly to the pool table that you had in the corner. It was no use. You couldn't even pick up Toko's glasses.

They were punching her, kicking her... she was in so much pain. You could tell. And you felt like the shittiest girlfriend for not trying your absolute best to help her out, but you were too weak... you just couldn't...

"(Y-Y/N)..." Toko cried out weakly as another kidnapper kicked her hard in the side. "H-Help m-me..."

"P-Please! Stop!" you pleaded with the kidnappers. They had their masks off by now.

They stopped beating Toko for a second to look at you.

"Don't do this to her, please! Beat me instead! Please!" you cried again.

"Eh, it's not that fun anymore," said one of the kidnappers. He grabbed Toko and tied her to the table leg next to you. You sighed in relief. You were so glad that they stopped, or even just gave her some time to breathe. "I'd rather not."

"Tell us where you keep your money," the other kidnapper said, inching towards you. "Or you're getting a foot in the stomach."

"N-No," Toko grunted as blood seeped out of her mouth. "I-I won't..!"

He growled and kicked her hard again right in the middle of her stomach, making her cough up more blood. A waterfall of tears ran down your face. You didn't want to see your girlfriend like this... you just wanted her to tell them wherever her money was so that she could stop suffering.

You didn't know where the hell she kept her money. You had only been living with her for a short time.

"I'm going to ask you one more damn time," the kidnapper fumed. "Where. Do you keep. Your fucking money."

"N-No! I'm not telling you! Y-You'll never know..!" Toko cried. This time, she got a punch in the face.

"P-Please, Toko, just tell them where it is," you sobbed. "I-I can't see you suffering like this..! J-Just.. please..."

The kidnappers grabbed their guns, one in front of Toko pointing the gun at her and one in front of you, with the gun pointed to your head.

"Tell us where your money is unless you want to get shot..." the man in front of you said coldly.

The way he looked at you...

His cold, dead eyes... they were terrifying.

"Tell us where it is!" the man in front of Toko screamed.

"N-No!" Toko wailed, coughing up some more blood.

The kidnapper growled and fired his gun.

"T-T... Toko..?" you whimpered, staring at your girlfriend as she slowly bled out on the cold basement floor. She had been shot in the chest. You turned to the kidnappers.

"P-Please... stop!" you cried, tears streaming down your cheeks. "T-Toko... why didn't you j-just... tell them where the goddamn money was?!"

"(Y-Y/N)," she said quietly with a small smile on her face. "I-I'm sorry. I was going to use that money... to buy a ring to propose to you with..."

Toko was...

Going to propose to you?

No.. no.. no, no, no!

Why...

"N-No, T-Toko," you lamented. "I-If this hadn't happened... I-I would've said yes..!"

"I-It's okay, (Y/N)," the last of her weak voice filled your ears. "I.. l-love... you..."

Her eyelids fell closed and she was no longer breathing, leaving you staring at her now dead body with a horrified expression on your face. Her warm blood, now cold from the chilly floor, pooled around her own body and partly around the table, drenching your left hand.

As you turned to the kidnappers, your expression darkened.

"Kill me," you whispered. "Do it. Ransack the house after all you want, I won't have any use for it anymore. I'll be dead, anyway."

One of the men raised his gun at your forehead.

"Any last words?" he asked with his finger on the trigger. You looked over at Toko as a tear trickled down your cheek.

"I love you too, darling."

stream girls in bikinis - poppy

7/17/19
re-edited; 12/11/21