Chapter 14: Saki's Past Part 4

A/N: AND THE STORY CONTINUES!!!!

- In the forest -

We had spent all morning searching for a wild boar. Finally, after hours of searching, Ace had spotted one down by the river drinking water. When we got there, my face went pale. It was huge! More like 10 times my size. It was fat, had mini horns coming out the sides of its nose, and was a midnight black in color. And just my luck, it was a male. This meant that if I attacked, it'd be way more aggressive towards me than a female would've. Still, going up against either of them, alone and with my size, one wrong move would get me seriously injured or maybe even dead.

Right now, I was standing about 5 feet away from my target with its back facing me. Luffy had let me borrow his steel pipe as a weapon against the beast. Meanwhile, Ace, Sabo, and Luffy were hiding in the bushes just a few feet away from where the boar and I were. I looked to them seeing worried expressions on their faces. Even Ace looked slightly worried.

"Y-you know, i-if you're scared of being shown up by a girl, Ace, you could just let me go hunting and stuff with you." I stuttered. At first he looked like he was hesitating, but he soon replied. "No way! If you come with us, you'll just be a burden if you don't have any skills to defend yourself with. So unless you can take this boar head on, you're NOT coming with us!" He shouted. Sabo looked at him with pleading eyes, only to receive a glare from Ace.

I then turned, now facing the butt of the boar who was still drinking water from the river. 'OK, you can't back out now. You have to prove yourself if you don't want them taking you as a weakling who can't fight for herself. You can do this!' I said to myself in my head. I took three deep breaths, gripped onto the pipe tighter, and charged at the beast. I didn't let out a battlecry because I wanted to take the beast by surprise.

As I got closer, I jumped, somersaulted in the air once, and swung the pipe down on the boar's head as hard as I could. It had fallen on the ground from the impact. I then swiftly landed on my feet, my back towards the beast. Thinking I had knocked the animal out, I smiled and turned to the three boys who had looks of shock and disbelief plastered on their faces.

"How's that for a 'weak little girl', Ace?" I said proudly. He looked like he smiled, if not only a little. It then quickly disappeared replaced with a glare. 'Why is he glaring at me?' Soon, the same actions were followed by the other two. 'Did I do something wrong? Did I make them mad?' I thought.

My thoughts were soon cut off as Ace shouted at me. "Saki, run! Get out of there!" I was confused. Why did he want me to run? Little did I know that the boar I 'thought' I had knocked out had gotten up was already charging at me from behind. I turned around to see what was happening, but the last thing I saw was the boar's face as it rammed me into one of the trees. I then felt a sharp pain run through my side. "Saki!" The last thing I remember before blacking out was Ace's voice.

A/N: Sorry for not updating! I forgot to upload this yesterday.