Chapter 30

Okay so, if you haven't noticed yet, I changed the title but only slightly. The reason I changed it to (Luffy x OC x Ace) is because there is major Ace x OC in this story when it's supposed to be Luffy x OC. Also, this update took a while because I am going back and re-watching this arc in the anime. I will not be explaining the battles in much detail due to me not wanting to bore you all to death. *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Iva was fighting Kuma, and s(he) seemed stunned at how Kuma was reacting. Luffy caught up to Iva and began talking, but I couldn't hear their conversation over the roar of the battle. Luffy went running past them, and Iva began to fight more seriously. Crocodile was fighting both a Whitebeard pirate and Doflamingo. I turned my attention back to Luffy who was dashing straight towards Mihawk. Mihawk drew his sword, slashed towards Luffy's direction, and got him. I gasped.

"Luffy! His blind side is on his right, 67 degrees above him! Aim there, or run through there!" Jinbei yelled.

Luffy looked up and gave Jinbei a slight nod. Luffy tried his best to fights Mihawk but, honestly, Luffy had no chance unless he putting 100% effort into it....and he wasn't.

He eventually grabbed Buggy to replace him and escaped while he could. Vista came in and switched with Buggy, because even he seemed like he was going to be killed. Luffy continued to push his way forward.

"Fleet Admiral, the preparations are complete!" reported a Marine.

"Including the operation on the bay shore?"

"Indeed, everything."

They all began preparing for Ace's execution. But it was way too early for this.

Sengoku began shouting orders again. "Cut the den-den mushi visuals! It would be troublesome to have the world lose faith in us. The tragedy that is about to occur would be too much for the citizens of the world to take in. There is no need for the world to learn of what is about to happen here."

I cursed unholy sayings under my breath, disgusted by this so-called government's actions.

"...Saki?" Ace called.

I looked at him surprised. We haven't spoken since the start of the battle.

"Can you promise me something?"

I stayed silent, but nodded my head for him to continue.

"Promise me that, no matter what happens, you'll leave this place with Luffy..." Ace was looking down with his hair shadowing over his eyes.

"I refuse to leave this place without you, Ace. We got into this mess together, we're getting out of it together."

I heard him sigh next to me as if he'd given up trying to convince to go on without him.

Luffy seemed to have gotten that picture of Ace's execution being moved up because he screamed out.

"ACE!!"

"In a few hours time, when the world learns of the outcome, the single word "victory" will be more than enough."

I scoffed at Sengoku's words.

"Even if you have to resort to such cowardice, this Navy, this Government...all of it will burn to ashes! You find it clean and perfect, when in reality, the corruption in it is so great, you could go as far as to say that we the Pirates are the good and you people the evil."

The two of us proceeded to glare at one another, until I heard shouting. I know shouting is a virtue in war, but the shouting I heard was unusual. I slowly turned and saw that the pirates from the other side of Marine Ford were being surrounded by Pacifistas. The marines are trying to surround the pirates.