Chapter 1

OK so this is my first story that I've ever published, so please do understand if this first chapter is kind of sucky. I do appreciate comments of constructive criticism. I promise the story gets better as the chapters goes on. So without further ado, let's get on with the story~

'How the hell did I get myself into this situation?' I asked myself.

I gave a slight, bitter laugh remembering exactly how I ended up here.

Flashback~

Your POV

As i was leaning against the railings of the ship trying to take in the warm afternoon breeze, I suddenly heard someone call out to me.

"Oi, Saki!" I immediately knew who it was, my first mate and good friend, Casper.

He was a guy around my age and was slightly taller than I was. He had short brunette hair and dark brown eyes that shined every now and then. He wore simple black pants, a blue jacket that he wore on top of a white t-shirt, and combat boots the color as his eyes. He also wore a thick black belt with a single sword attached to his left hip. I turned my head seeing that he had a smile plastered on his face.

"What did you need?" I asked him, returning the smile as I slowly turned to fully face him.

"Well, captain, seeing you at the front of the ship, I thought you would've already noticed."

I looked at him giving him a confused expression. He smirked as he saw the confusion on my face while pointing up ahead.

"We'll be on land soon. Mel told me to tell you."

Mel was our ship's navigator and also my best friend. Her full name is Melissa, but I got so lazy that I started calling her Mel. Soon, everyone on board did the same. I've known her for a year. We were so close that we'd even take bullets for eachother.

Like seriously, when we ran into the marines before, we went full out battle mode. A marine caught me off guard and attempted to shoot me, but Mel jumped right in front of me all dramatic like.

By the way, did I mention she uses these cool twin pistols, and shoots at the enemy with pure skill and complete accuracy?! Yup, she's just that badass. I mean, the girl literally almost died for me and can take a person out in mere seconds!

"Thanks for the news. By the way, where is Mel? I mean, she actually sent a lazy bum like you to tell me the news," I said to him teasingly.

"What? Are you trying to tell me I'm useless, milady? Oh, the pain of being called useless is hurting me so, especially by such a fair lady," Casper dramatically stated while putting the back of his hand to his forehead and pretended to fall to the floor in a sea of depression.

I stiffled my giggles as best as I could and decided to go along with it.

"Oh Casper, darling, how I never intended to sadden you. Please, stand up and hold me!" I stated just as dramatically.

"Oh, Lady Saki, my love! How I've missed you so. Come and we shall run into the sunset together," he said while picking me up bridal style and playfully swinging me around.

At this point, neither of us could back our laughters any longer so we just literally started laughing on the deck of the ship. I laughed so much that I eventually started to cry.

We were soon stopped by a loud 'Ahem!' that sounded behind us. "So are you two lovebirds done yet, cause last time I checked we have to prepare to dock soon."

We turned to see a girl with red, mid length hair and bright teal eyes staring down at us.

"Mel!" I yelled while getting up and basically almost tackling the girl down with a hug. Where have you been, I haven't seen you in foreeeeeeeevvvvvvvvrrrrrr!!!" I whined.

She giggled and said,"First of all, it's only been a few hours. Second, I prepared the rest of crew to dock, which was supposed to have been done by a certain captain her self!"

As she got to the last part, a deathly aura seemed to have surrounded, while me and Casper just shrunk down in fear.

And yes, I was the captain of this ship. Proud captain of the Specter Pirates, Angel D. Saki, at your service. I had long, bleach blonde hair that almost reached my waist and had a pair of ash gray eyes. At 17, I had a body of not too many curves and not too little, but just the right amount of curves anyone would want. Right now I was wearing black short shorts, a light purple tank top, and some combat boots. My hair was let down, like it always is.

If you're wondering what kind of badass skills I use, then I'll tell you. I ate the kaze kaze no mi( wind wind fruit ). It's perfect for long ranged battles and stuff, and it's also a logia devil fruit. Ironically, I'm the only one in my crew with devil fruit powers, due to the fact that they're rare and all. But that doesn't mean my crew is weak.

Mess with me or any of my nakama, and I'll make sure you never live to see another day in you lives.