Chapter 13: Saki's Past Part 3

- Later that night -

Ace POV

I slowly opened up my eyes, and I noticed that it was still nighttime. I looked to my right to see a sleeping Saki with her back turned to me. I heard Luffy mumble something.

"Meat~ " I sweat dropped.

Then, a cold breeze came by, and I pulled my blanket closer to me. I watched as Luffy unconsciously pulled Saki's blanket away from her, taking it for himself. 'That idiot.'

I saw Saki start to shiver from the cold. 'I can't just leave her like that.' I willingly pulled her closer and under my blanket with me. Now she was facing me, and I just stared at her sleeping face. She started to snuggle up into my chest.

"Ace...." A slight blush came to my face.

'Did she just say my name in her sleep?' I couldn't help but smile at her. My eyes started to grow heavy, and I drifted back to sleep.

- The next morning -

3rd person POV

"Aww, how cute. Ace and Saki are snuggling."

"Ne, Sabo. Shouldn't we wake them up."

"No way, Luffy. They look so peaceful when they're asleep," Sabo said with a smirk.

Ace, who had been asleep by then, had sleepily got up rubbing his eyes.

"What are you guys looking at?" Ace asked.

"Oh nothing. Just you and Saki together, sharing the same blanket," Sabo said with a devious grin.

Ace was startled and looked to see a still sleeping Saki next to him. A rush of blood had gone to his face.

"W-wait! I-its not what it looks like! Saki didn't have a blanket, and it was cold last night. S-so I decided to share mine!"

Sabo then replied with a teasing tone. "Ah, Ace-kun~ How sweet of you."

Luffy was laughing his ass off. Ace got up and bonked Luffy on the head.

"And you're the reason why I had to share a blanket with her!"

"Oww! What did I do?" Luffy asked while rubbing the now visible bump on his head.

"You're the one who decided to take her blanket and claim it as yours!" Ace said in an angry tone.

Saki POV

"You're the one who decided to take her blanket and claim it as yours!"

I heard Ace's voice and groggily sat up. I rubbed my eyes as I saw Ace yell at Luffy, while Luffy was rubbing a bump on his head. 'I wonder how he got that.'

"Good morning, Saki." I turned to see a smiling blonde next to me.

"Good morning...," I said in a sleepy voice.

Ace and Luffy turned to me.

"Good morning, Saki!!" I returned the smile.

"Good morning to you too, Luffy! You too, Ace!"

"Morning...," he said with a slight blush on his face.

"Did you sleep well, Saki?" Sabo asked.

"Yup! It was really nice, comfortable, and it was even warm," I said with a grin.

"Good. You should probably thank Ace for the warmth though," Sabo said, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Sabo!" Ace yelled, his blush more visible.