Chapter 32

The sound of the explosion was gone, and I couldn't hear anything.

'Am I dead...? Am I in Heaven? Hell?'

I didn't dare open my tightly shut eyes to find out.

Moments later, I could hear a faint buzzing sound in my ear. I was too distracted by the buzzing to notice when an arm slipped around my waist. The buzzing soon started to fade, and a wave of heat surrounded me. I quickly opened my eyes and saw flames all around me.

'Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! I'm in Hell! Oh God, what's going to happen to me?!'

In the heat of the dire situation I was in, I brought both of my hands to my chest, closed my eyes, and began to pray.

'God, please forgive me for all my sins. I swear to you that I regret all of the wrongdoings I've ever committed in my life-! Wait. Actually, I don't regret painting Marco's body yellow, while Ace dyed his hair green. Hahaha! I still have the pictures! ...Ah, no no no! I do regret it!'

Anime tears started flowing down my cheeks. 'Who am I kidding? That was one of the best days of my life.'

I dejectedly opened my eyes to face reality and accept my fate.

"You never change, Luffy."

My eyes widened. There in front of me, with flames emitting from his body, was Ace. He was facing my direction with a smile on his face and looking at the person behind me. That's when I finally took notice of the arm wrapped around my waist. I turned my head and came face to face with Luffy. I blushed and averted my gaze away from him. Although, I didn't let the fact that he was wearing one of the happiest smiles I've seen on all day slip past my mind.

"Never listening to a single word I say," I heard Ace say. He then grabbed Luffy by the shirt.

"Always doing the dumbest things."

I slung my arms around Luffy's neck as a smile found its way onto my face. From below, I could hear the cheers of all our nakama.

"Good work!" Jinbei said.

"Thank god!"

"Ace! Saki!"

"U-unbelievable!" Came Iva's voice.

"Straw Hat... and Brother Three..."

"Brother Three?" I asked quietly.

I looked past Luffy and saw the man that had ultimately saved us all. He was being held in Luffy's other hand. That must be him.

"Ace!" Luffy screamed, tears at the corner of his eyes and a little bit of snot coming out of his nose. I sweat dropped. 'Cute, yet disgusting.'

In a matter of seconds, the four of us emerged from the tunnel of fire Ace had created. Cheers erupted all throughout Marine Ford at the sight of us. The marines, on the other hand, looked furious and shocked.

"F-Fire Fist Ace... is free!" More cheers erupted from the crowd of pirates.

"Alright! You did it, Straw Hat!"

"You got Ace back!"

"Hey, idiots! Don't forget about Saki!" Whitey Bay scolded with tears in her eyes.

"SAKI, TOO!" They all screamed.

I giggled and shook my head.

"It's been one crazy thing after another since he came to Impel Down... He really is..." A prisoner from Impel Down said.

"One hell of a guy!" Iva yelled, while crying.

"Don't get thrown back! Resume fire immediately!" A vice admiral ordered. My smile faltered.