chapter 9

so i decided to continue, i still need an editor so excuse all my mistakes :) enjoy ( to those few who read this :P)

Jamies pov

After what felt to be the longest day filled with stares from every direction the end bell went!

“Thank goodness” I mumbled to myself, any longer and I would have gone mad. I really can’t wait to get out of here and just escape the building, the stares, the people. It was just too much I mean its only my second day here and all I wanted to do was fit in quietly and live my own life for a year before it was back to competitive swimming and a time where there was no time for friends.

But I guess that’s not possible now, now that Sam has gone and ruined it, I don’t understand Sam is such a beautiful girl, she looks like she was a good person but now I just feel exposed.

Exiting the class on my way to sweet sweet freedom I was interrupted by the swimming coach.

“Jamie” he yelled “just the young man I was looking for.”  And with that my hopes and dreams of running out this school vanished.

“Jamie, I looked over your times from the swimming trials yesterday and they were great.” He said,

in my head I was doing the large eye roll , and envisioning myself bolting for the door and diving  over the stairs to escape this place.

“Jamie I think you would be fantastic on our schools water polo team…”

Wait water polo , I thought he was going to get me to join the swim team for the school.

“ so what do you say?” he asked me “ you havn’t said much the whole time I was talking.”

“ I thought you were going to ask me to join the swim team that’s all.” I mumbled still in shock, “ what is water polo?”

“my boy I could never ask you to join the swim team, I understand that you are taking a break for your final year before you get out of school and begin training for the Olympics.” He said smiling

‘finally” I thought some one who gets me for once, someone that understands that I need a break from al that. Time for myself.

“and on the note of ‘ what’s water polo’ well my boy how abouts you come back in two hours and join the practice” the coach said with a smile on his face.

“ that sounds fantastic” I said back with a big smile on my face, no matter what this sport is it isn’t swim team, “I will be there”.