Eight: Getting her brother back.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Wednesday, 05th December.
18:30pm

"Is there anyway for me to go under the rain without going down the apartment?" Janaan excitedly asked Hamal who was staring at her like a possession.

"Come with me." He stood up and together they walked out of the apartment and down the hallway where she saw an iron door facing them. It looks abandoned and like it's never been used so she was a little frightened but with Honcho, she knew not to fear though they are not in the same page at the moment.

Hamal opened the door and she could see flight of stairs facing them, maybe it goes somewhere she doesn't know but of she's going to be under the rain because of it, she's so going to be there. He started going up the stairs and so she followed quietly, the place rustling and dusky.

He opened another door and she saw what he was talking about. The place is a rooftop and the place is free, it has nothing around and it's also very huge. She immediately land herself on it and twirled, feeling the water soaking her.

"I love rain!" She yelled, continuing to twirl around before stopping to look around her. The place makes everything beautiful because of the lights shining all around and if not because shed be lying if she said she saw the Charles' river but she would've said that because the beauty took her breath away, why didn't she bring out her camera.

"I know." She would've sworn that he heard said that but she might just be hallucinating since this is almost the first act of love he's shown her in a very long while, she might as well soak herself with it while it lasts.

"Did you say something?" She turned around, hopefully looking at him but find him very close to her, very close and passing her personal burble but she didn't mind, this might be something new and good for both of them and she's ready to accept her brother back.

"I did. I know that you love rain!" He whispered, voice lowering an octave and she could also see the emotion twirling around in his eyes because they are very palpable. She could see the guilt, love, apology and everything mixed.

"It's amazing!" She beamed at him, knowing that the Hamal she knew is going to apologize, she knew that.

"I'm sorry!" He took her off guard when he draw her close to his body in a tight embrace, he missed her so much. He just couldn't help himself and had to hug her to feel her more closer to him, to make sure she's real and she will accept his apology.

They were asked not to hug each other ever since Janaan hit puberty, their parents sat them down and told them that they are not each other's mehram, that they can get married in future if they want and so, they should stop with their hugs and cuddles. The duo were very sad that they can't connect with each other like that, there is a special feeling about it when they hug each other, it's like their only way to communicate.

Hamal loves hanging out with Janaan, they've always been together before he meandered into a complete and stupid jerk. He knew she doesn't deserve what he did to her but he couldn't help himself, he was mad at the both of them and that was all his senses were telling him to do, that it's the best way to cope with it. And now that she's in his arms, tucked to his chest as she melted into him, he wants nothing than to keep doing this in future.

"You're forgiven." She said in a small voice, melting herself more into him even though they are both soaked, she still feels warm.

"I'm so sorry, little one." Her heart melted when he called her that, his only little one, that her nickname.

"And I said you're so forgiven." She smiled at him, moving away from him to see his face, his sorry face. It's been very long since she last saw any emotion palpable to his face other than anger and rage so she would want to swim in it.

"What should I do to pay for what I did?" He smiled, a heart stopping that made her heart to really stop, for real before it started beating like it's about to run away from the devil himself. Only Hamal could make her feel that with even just with anger and rage.

"Make my day the best, tomorrow." She sat down on the wet floor, playing around with the water like she usually does, liking the feel of her hands in the water while the rain falls on her.

"Oh, I sure will make it a history, be ready." He grinned and together they walked back to the apartment because the water has seized and they should all sleep with the jet lag they have in their bags.

•••••
Assalamu Alaikum!

I know, most of you didn't read the chapter like this but don't worry, it's just that I had to shorten it because wattpad wants to be wattpad, I'm so sorry about that but here is another, enjoy it. Thank you again for reading my book😊

Ma'assalam!
Much love💕

Aishatu.