Seven: Settling down and dinner.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A
Wednesday, 05th September.
18:15pm

Hamal loaded Janaan's suit cases first- grunting when her face fell as he precipitously snatched her luggage. He didn't mean to make her first day this way but he can't help it. If she gets comfortable with him, then there will be a very huge problem. Those smiles, dimples, the glint in her eyes when she's happy, will bring him back to square one.

And now, between him and Janaan, there is no 'us' between them. And his mother will be so disappointed when she gets to know that. But being a little avuncular with her won't hurt. After weighing the pros and cons, the pros weighed more. He should try only he can't get some comfortable with her. Maybe she could even help him get over her.

Silence is not something Janaan isn't comfortable with. There are certain silence that she is not comfortable with, just like the one in the car right now. It's not like Fadila to keep quite in Hamal's car. She was fuming with anger though, Hamal made her angry unknowingly and he's acting oblivion.

After some awful awkward six minutes, Fadila finally opened her mouth. She only talked to Janaan and Hamal felt like he did something wrong but he brushed it off. Fadila can be so moody and he can't deal with her right now. So many things are running in his head to even pay any attention to her.

"So Jay, how about I take you for a tour tomorrow?" Fadila was sitting in the passenger's seat so she turned a little to look at Janaan who was silently looking outside through the window.

The sun was about to set and that's the best view to Janaan. It was a dark shade of orange, somehow red and also pinkish. She couldn't pinpoint the colour but it's so beautiful and Janaan lost herself in the beautiful view. Hamal smiled looking at her through the rare view window and Fadila caught the smile, Janaan was oblivion. He knew she liked nature.

"Jay!" Fadila snapped Janaan out of her reverie and looked at Fadila with a questioning gaze. "I asked if I can take you on a tour around the school and some beautiful places tomorrow?"

"I'm taking her." Hamal was quick to object. He found himself mumbling under his breath, he didn't know why he volunteered so he lied. "Uncle Anwaar asked me to do that," he narrowed his eyes on the road again.

"Oh," Fadila said and felt the waves of disgruntlement pouring within her. Then her face brighten up, "Let's go together then," she smiled and looked at Janaan who was waiting for Hamal to answer.

"That won't be necessary. You can just rest and unpack," Hamal grunted out not liking the idea of Fadila tagging along with them. He also doesn't know why he even wants to have some time with Janaan.

"C'mon Ya Hamal, I can't just stay at home doing nothing. I'll come with you," she said in gutsiness and Hamal glared at her.

He hates it when she's doing things against his will. Especially not when Janaan is concerned. Fadila is doing it intentionally and he knows it but he doesn't know why she's doing all these. He'll have to find out and deal with her later, now he must convince her to back out.

"You can and you will. Dare say something again," he retorted in a hard voice. His face giving out no emotion. That's all and the argument is arbitral.

Fadila was a little startled because he has never done that to her. He made her daunted now which he has never does. He either play with her or reply her sarcastically. This is new, this Hamal is extremely new to her and she's not liking this Hamal. Why is he acting like this all of a sudden! She doesn't understand.

Janaan who was used to his cold side only turned her head to look at the window when the car suddenly stopped at a huge building that looks like a busy rental apartment. The place has sixteen floors from what she's seeing from here. Almost all the windows from here has their lights on which means there are many occupants.